Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in need of a y pipe for my truck. and i need it cheaply. i found 2. one was for my truck and looked like crap. the other is for a 93 for lighting with a 5.8. i was wondering if the lighting one will work on my 86 351w with stock manifolds. these are both made by maremont and are from advance auto parts and both are under 130 bucks. the 86 one is 110 and the lighting one is 130

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any body know for shure?

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
Y not just get a stock one? Or a Bassini(sp)?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one is a stock replacment. mine is rotted out and spliced in tons of places. the lighting one looks to flow alot better tho. better bends to it. there both on autozone.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
realy. ive looked every were. that was the cheapest. other wise a local shop will do true duels on my truck for 350

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for that 278 i mite as well go with the true duals for 350. i thought a 130 was a hella good deal here localy. every one wants an arm, and 2 legs. i just need a new y pipe. then everything else i can do myself with a welder

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first link dont work. and i dont have cats on my truck anyway. never had them since i bought the truck

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
You can get a bassani aluminum one with no cats for $196. Then buy a highflow cat off ebay for $50.

Then buy your choice of muffler.

then buy the autozone 3" tailpipe for $30.

The bassani y pipe is pretty nice, real nice quality, made in the usa.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Just go to a muffler shop (not Midas). I paid $250 for a complete exhaust including muffler for my 92. Y-Pipe to existing cat, muffler and tail pipe.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,875 Posts
a single setup will work better then duals on our rigs

·
Registered
447 Posts
Look on ypipe? thread posted today. There are photos of the bassani y-pipe and cat. I contacted bassani by phone and they gave me correct parts numbers and directed me to a local Ford dealer for pricing info. Had it shipped directly to my house.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
none of this realy answers the first quistion i asked tho. i found 2 y pipes in my area that i can afford on the budget i have for a complete system. i plan on the 3 inch tail pipe. but i realy need a cheap y pipe. i just dont see spendin 200 on a y pipe when i can get a decent one for 130 localy. i just need to find out if it will work.i mean one from a lighning. if i was gonna spend the 200 i mite as well find me a lighning x pipe. not trying to be an ass i just need a cheap exhaust and would rather have somthing decent than overpriced.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and i have no cats so i dont plan on puting them back on it. besides that the truck has 220xxx miles on it and itll probaly clog from the blow by my motor has.lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good luck, do what you think will work for you. We were just trying to give you a couple of alternatives.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and i understand that. i realy thank u guys. but i cant warrent 200 for just a y pipe right now thats y i asked about the lighting one for a 93. brand new at autozone there 130.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
and i understand that. i realy thank u guys. but i cant warrent 200 for just a y pipe right now thats y i asked about the lighting one for a 93. brand new at autozone there 130.
I just saw that y-pipe, you better make sure it has a hook up for the O2 sensor, in the picture it doesn't look like it has anything. With that you would still have to get more pipe cut to make it to the muffler. I'd look into the Catco y-pipe, its $200, free shipping, has the O2 cross over pipe, and bolts right up to the rest of the exhaust, and is stainless steel. That autozone one looks like its aluminized and could rust out pretty quick.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i figured my sig would tell you im not fuel injectiond. so no need for o2 sensers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts