Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
locking mechanism

well, i searched for answers, but found no help. basically, my passenger door lock actuator is locked up. its power locks, but it wont move at all. see, i need to lock my passenger door, because im going to drive the bronco and leave it at my school so i can work on it in mechanics. but, i dont trust people with my baby, and i need to fix the lock.
basically, it makes the clicking noise like it wants to work, but it does nothing. if i push down on it, it wont move.
any ideas? i can convert it to manual locks, but i was wondering if anyone has a detailed write up to replace the actuators.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
There is a writeup on how to replace it, but I'd try soaking your locking area down with penetrating oil first and see if you can get it to free up.

Also, putting "yeah, i searched..." as a topic title is retarded. You wonder why it's hard to search? That's why. People don't generally look at topics with "yeah, i searched..." as the title. :doh0715:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a writeup on how to replace it, but I'd try soaking your locking area down with penetrating oil first and see if you can get it to free up.

Also, putting "yeah, i searched..." as a topic title is retarded. You wonder why it's hard to search? That's why. People don't generally look at topics with "yeah, i searched..." as the title. :doh0715:
i know there could be a writeup somewhere, but i couldn't find it.
and yeah, im dumb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts