Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

This totally hasn't been covered like 235 times in the past few months.

Search "MAF swap" "MAF conversion" "MAF ANYTHING" and you'll end up with a link or thread detailing exactly what you need.

Why do you NEED mass air?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
going to run supercharger full time instead just 2 weeks a year.
so i need to convert to mass air. i know there are places out there that sells the conversion kits (have called and inquired) but i dont have $900 - $1500 bone laying around to buy it.
and i know sd has better throttle responce on the lower end then mass. but mass has the better fuel milage. at least from the couple of guys that i know running f-150`s with the same engines as i have. (5.0-4.6)
and i run the supercharger so that i have the xtra umpf to pull the 22 foot travel trailor i have.

and i was on car-parts.com looking for engine wiring harness`s when i asked what years i could use so i could type in information to search.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Um, well if you were thinking that you could get away without maf and a supercharger for just those two weeks a year, you were mistaken, the first day, you'd blow your engine with a SC on it from it leaning out.

There's seriously hundreds of threads talking about MAF conversions... different kits, years MAF was offered, and what you need.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the truck isn`t driven the entire 2 weeks. it parked all but about 4 days. and i have been doing this for the past 5 years. its just now that i am about to finish up with the 87 body swap and paint,lift and tires. i want to have every thing on the fsb when it rools out of the garage. and be done with it.

and like i said i was on the car-parts site putting in info and thought i would get a quick answer with out being bashed for not doing a search on the subject. harsh crowd in here harsh. lol

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
and like i said i was on the car-parts site putting in info and thought i would get a quick answer with out being bashed for not doing a search on the subject. harsh crowd in here harsh. lol
Well, I mean, it's easy... you searched the car-parts.com website... why wouldn't you search here... Heck you'd have found exactly what you needed here in a search, and then could have gone to car parts to do it.

Most of the threads will tell you that between 1994-1996 is when MAF was offered, on the 302's first, and in 95 on the 351's... some depending on whether or not they were Cali trucks... some had two O2 sensors, some had one, some had three if they were a 96 with OBDII.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
this is still going to cost alot of money.
my bronco is a 96 and started with mass air, i added a blower and some other stuff which required larger injectors,(the fmu wasn't getting the job done), when i added the larger injectors i had to have a custom made maf to compensate for the new fuel delivery. so even if you could find all the factory stuff cheaply, all you will really be able to use is the computer, you will still need to spend on the other components.
your best bet is to get a comp from a 95-96 bronco/f-150, then a wiring harness from ford racing, along with a set of their 30lb injectors and save a little dough for a recalibrated mass sensor.
if you really want to use stock parts i can sell you a brand new maf and good 19lb injectors.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Don't use a recalibrated MAF... just get a tweecer and tune for bigger injectors.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
:popc1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts