Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/article.aspx?cp-documentid=509544

It WILL be built.

Yes I know there has been rumors for months, but this is a confirmation.

One other thing.

I won a contest with Ford through my dealership, so on June 24th I am going to be having cocktails with Bill Osbourne and Dave Greenberg. Bill is the President of Ford Canada and Dave is the VP of general marketing.

There are only about 6 of us that will be spending a couple hours chatting with those two about the direction of FMC.

Trust that I will be doing everything within my power to explain to them the "cult following" of the FSB and to recommend that they make the new Bronco as tough and off-road ready as they can.

Wish me luck.

:beer

Jeff

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would definitely be willing to wait for all of the ftards to pay $10k over invoice to get the first ones, and then meander into the showroom when the dust settles and buy one for MSRP.

I love these retros, I just can't believe idiots pay so much to have the 'first'.

Ford can't lose with that design in this market. Give it some solid axles on a full frame, put in a decent V6 and keep it reasonably priced.

I hope they still maintain some type of removable top feature, even if it's just the back 1/4 of the roof.

I LOVE what the designers are doing right now, and FORD seems to be leading the pack.

·
Registered
867 Posts
dale gribble said:
I would definitely be willing to wait for all of the ftards to pay $10k over invoice to get the first ones, and then meander into the showroom when the dust settles and buy one for MSRP.

I love these retros, I just can't believe idiots pay so much to have the 'first'.

Ford can't lose with that design in this market. Give it some solid axles on a full frame, put in a decent V6 and keep it reasonably priced.

I hope they still maintain some type of removable top feature, even if it's just the back 1/4 of the roof.

I LOVE what the designers are doing right now, and FORD seems to be leading the pack.
forget the v6 put in a Diesel! with a 4-1 gear box, 5 speed manual!! 4 link front and rear.

·
Registered
525 Posts
well i dont care if they make it or not it wont be a real bronco because they are going to yuppyize it. ill stick with my FSB aint nothing going to stop it not even an apartment building.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
how about a 4banger diesel? removable top options, even if it was like t tops or something and lots of buttons and/or switches. I think I might tape a pic of pug's or 94's dash onto mine.

Anyone see the simpsons with Homer designing a car?

·
No money for memberships
802 Posts
Of course they are, they'd be stupid not too. Just look at the sales of the FJcrusier. It's all about retro isn't it?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay here goes:

" Jeff we are not allowed to tell you that the Bronco is being built"

Me: " come on not even a hint?"

" Jeff listen, we are not allowed to tell you the Bronco is being built"

Me: " oh (laugh) I get it

Me: " So if Ford ever does build the Bronco, is it going to be something a woman will show her friends out in front of a school or something that a guy shows his buddy at the top of a hardcore trail?"

" I had an older Bronco and I loved the fact that it was a solid offroad vehicle, I believe that any future Bronco would hold true to the heritage of it's namesake"

People walk up and he smiles and walks off.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 24 Posts