Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I know that there is a bunch of sway bar threads on the noob forum. But its hard to tell if the circumstances will be the same for me. Depending on weather or not a bronco is jacked to the moon or not has an effect on the removal of the sway bro. So, I have an 80' fullsize with the sway bar on, with no lifts, or big tires. I have bee contimplating on weather I should remove it or not. Can I get some tips or information?;:thumbup

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Tips ?? Sure, unbolt it and it will come right off. I say leave the front swaybar on for safety reasons and just remove the rear one to allow better droop of the rear axle.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
He has no lift or big tires and didnt say if he wheels at all. If you want it off just unbolt it, its the same if its on a lifted bronco or a stock one. If your not looking to get maximum axle travel I would just leave them on.

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
That's what I was going to say too. If you're not wheelin it and going for max droop, then go for the stability and leave it or them on. You will notice a difference removing them but those of us that want the most off road articulation from our rigs trade the added rigidness and leveling into corners for the ability to drop a wheel down as far as possibly into a hole or ditch off road. I can't hang corners like I used to, but with the addition of the lift, I wouldn't anyhow. Post some info and a pic of your rig man so we can see it! Welcome. :thumbup -Kevin-

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Ty, I know you are new to the forum so just listen to the good advice given and ignore the unnecessary Bull$h!t.
I searched sway bar and came up with almost 300 threads of stuff mostly unrelated to your question, so I understand why you started this thread.
Essentially the decision to keep or lose the sway bar is up to you. I know how you plan to use the truck so I would advise you to just try it both with and without and see how you like it.
I took both the sway bars off my 79 and only noticed a difference when towing, remember Deep Wells? :shocked Anyway, I threw them away and wish I would have kept the rear and fabbed up some quick disconnects.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
my bronco is stock and i fell no difference besides off-road performance(still drives the same as it did with them), and 2 extra recovery points(97+ f150 tow hook mod), i say take them off for a week and after the week if your not happy just reinstall them.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hey Ty, I know you are new to the forum so just listen to the good advice given and ignore the unnecessary Bull$h!t.
I searched sway bar and came up with almost 300 threads of stuff mostly unrelated to your question, so I understand why you started this thread.
Essentially the decision to keep or lose the sway bar is up to you. I know how you plan to use the truck so I would advise you to just try it both with and without and see how you like it.
I took both the sway bars off my 79 and only noticed a difference when towing, remember Deep Wells? :shocked Anyway, I threw them away and wish I would have kept the rear and fabbed up some quick disconnects.
I also took both bars off my '79. I did notice a little difference at first, but not enough to worry about. Now, its as if they were never there. I did keep both of them though in case i ever need them.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I left my front one on but had to remove the rear. (The rear got damaged and bent when I was tboned) Going across a wavy road at an angle, I can definitely feel the rear of the bko swaying and also switching lanes quick/going around corners, the rear leans a bit. If you drive it on paved roads more than out in some back country, leave AT LEAST the front one on, my brother had a lifted exploder with no front or rear sway bar and when he got on the highway, the whole rig would violently sway back and forth almost to the point of sh*ting your pants lol, and around a round about, it felt like you could just reach out and touch the pavement....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts