Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock two cats going into a thrush glass pack, sounds great, cant hear running at idle. but i want the ground to shake, and since one of my cats is blown anyway, i figured now would be the time to make that happen. i want to convert over to a single cat with a 3" outlet and a 3" pipe going all the way back. loud but legal is the name of the game, anyone know where i can find a cat with the two combs on the inside with a 3" outlet?

·
Registered
904 Posts
search for it, its been covered more times than you can imagine.

and be careful about what you wish for with regards to a "ground shaking" exhaust. If you really want it then remember, the shorter, the louder it will be.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Zoomies straight through the hood FTW!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I see a lot of guys on here wanting to run 3 inch exhaust. Why? The bigger pipes will hurt you in hp/tq department unless you have some pretty serious mods.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see a lot of guys on here wanting to run 3 inch exhaust. Why? The bigger pipes will hurt you in hp/tq department unless you have some pretty serious mods.
sounds cool...
but i think im gonna stick with my current set up? thrush magnum glasspack, and two cats, i dont think its blown, stopped hearing the bbs flying around, now that i think about it, it could have been my tranny considering how much crap we found in the pan. but are glass packs good? i mean, am i loosing hp or loosing it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
sounds cool...
but i think im gonna stick with my current set up? thrush magnum glasspack, and two cats, i dont think its blown, stopped hearing the bbs flying around, now that i think about it, it could have been my tranny considering how much crap we found in the pan. but are glass packs good? i mean, am i loosing hp or loosing it?

pearsonaly I don't like the glasspack sound. But it is up to you.

I would go with a dynomax race bullet if you just want "loud".

·
Registered
453 Posts
my buddy has those dynomax race bullets on a 4.6 it sounds good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts