Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys. Ive been looking for a 6" lift for the 91 but I cant find anything for under $1200. at this point in time thats way too much. should I jsut save up or have you guys found good kits for less?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,902 Posts
contact BDS.com they have a good system for under a grand so does broncograveyard.

late

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Just get the BDS basic kit, and then work up as you get the fundage. Like I mentioned in another post the drop down brackets by BDS are very beefy and you may be very satisfied with those and will never buy the extended arms.
If you ever feel the need to get that extra inch of flex then you can talk to Dustin, NOBS, David, or any other qualified welder to make you a custom set.

Also you can use add-a-leafs in teh meantime while you save up for replacement leafs, or you can just get the parts from teh junk yard to do a shackle flip and then you wouldnt need full leafs.

The option are out there and yes you can do it for under a thousand (not including rims and tires) you just have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here you go...everything you need for much less than new

Clicky

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
These guys are right on track about the price thing..theroreticaly (sp?) it could be done real cheap if your willing (and have the knowledge...don't short cut in the name of thriftyness). You could do the shackle flip, and find used parts for the front, it can be done cheap but thats not always the best answer either...Good luck, and remember sometimes it's worth the wait....:beer

*edit* the post above is a good way to cut cost...

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Beerman said:
Just get the BDS basic kit, and then work up as you get the fundage. Like I mentioned in another post the drop down brackets by BDS are very beefy and you may be very satisfied with those and will never buy the extended arms.
dude, extended arms are so much better. thet don't just improve flex, (and they do give you a little more than an inch extra).

but i'm with beerman, buy the basic kit from BDS or Dick Cepek and then get some extended arms when you can afford them.

also, look at used stuff. my lift is Chris85XLTs old lift and i ended up paying about 1/2 what it would have been new.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
I have that same kit in link above....That would be the way to go if your looking to save some cash......It's a very complete kit and it very Beefy !!!!! Good luck--_fog

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
King Andy351 said:
dude, extended arms are so much better. thet don't just improve flex, (and they do give you a little more than an inch extra).

but i'm with beerman, buy the basic kit from BDS or Dick Cepek and then get some extended arms when you can afford them.

also, look at used stuff. my lift is Chris85XLTs old lift and i ended up paying about 1/2 what it would have been new.

The used comment is a valid one. But if you even think you are going to get the extended arms GET THEM WITH THE KIT.

Your are going to pay $550 - $600 for the arms as an add on. The best quote I got was $427 from the BDS rep at the Indy Jamboree. But I had to buy them there.

I have the BDS kit but BDS did not offer extended arms when I bought mine and I've been trying to work deals ever since.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Thats why i recommended custom ones.
Or you can buy the extensions and mount them on teh stock radius arms.
Then to make them stronger just box them in, and weld the joint at the extension. All in all it would cost you just a little over $120.00

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
No offense to the names you dropped on the custom one but are any of those three running their own custom arms? I'll have to look but I don't think they are.

The extensions you are referring to were designed for the 79 and earlier arms. I have not seen them on the stock 80 and newer arms. Would like to see someone do that.

Just don't understand how you can recommend this to someone without any hard facts or product already in the field.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
93BroncoXLT said:
Here you go...everything you need for much less than new

Clicky

hey thanks for the plug.

being that you want to spend less than 1200 bucks, how about 800, for something brand new,

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there was a guy on here that had a 80-96 bronco with extended radias arms he made himself. I can make em myself. im a pretty decent welder and am pretty familiar with this stuff.

Now with the add a leaf and the shackel flip, will I need extended brake lines?

and I see how id lift the rear with the shackle flip, but how the hell would I go about lifting the front?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,902 Posts
just buy the springs for what ever height you wanna go . I believe you can purchase them seperatly

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
The guy that built his own was on MBB used the name Gremlin460 or something.....He's from Australia and has a website that details his many home brew mod's but I lost the link. Someone on here may still have it....Fog

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats the guy i kept wanting to say grouch460 but I knew that wasnt right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts