Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i hate having to post topic for easy help but i just couldn't find the information i was looking for on this subject, my problem is I've cracked 2 sets of exhuast manifolds and i'm going to get me some headers instead. i was looking at used stock mustang header off a 89 5.0 and was wondering about fitment onto my 92 bronco 5.0 with 6in suspension lift. I'm pretty sure they'll bolt on but what other mod will be needed if any?

I know i'll need
gasket
new studs
bolts
new coating
and a new y pipe
b
ut will they bolt on in the first place and not be a heade ache to run some exhuast off off? :shrug

TIA
Frank

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,918 Posts
your Y pipe will need to be redone because the collectors are located differently then a truck header. really those mustang headers arent that great. get some good ones like gibson,jba,edelbrock etc... ive heard hedman or ok to.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know they aren't the best but for 11 bucks i think it's good enough to hold me untill i buy my 351 and start me build, then long tubed headers will be added, and yes i know about fitment problems with long tubes but i've seen some guys going with some that fit in nicely. thanks for the anwser though, I'll have my exhuast buddy make me a y-pipe he works at an exhuast place and did all my exhuast i got now new y pipe 2.5 single flow 40 behide rear tire, but my manifold is leaking again and i think it's becuase i didn't retighten and it warped becuase they're no cracks and i couldn't retighten it enough for it to go away no leaks anywhere else but around the pass manifold

·
Registered
119 Posts
those headers off the mustang will fit the truck but not the stock exhaust. I have one off and 89 mustang someone gave me years ago but I just took the truck to an exhaust shop and had them run duals all the way back. I think they are ok but full length are a better way to go if they fit.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
When I did the exhaust on my 94 F150 I used direct fit shorty headers for a mustang because there was a lot more choices in headers. Everything bolted up just like the pick-up headers and stock manifolds do, but I did have to meke a new Y-pipe because the pipe comes out of the header at more of an angle.

These are the best pictures I have got. If your intrested I might be able to get some pictures directly on the header. My computer has been giving me problems latley and sometimes it shuts off when I try to upload pics but I can try it again later anyways.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! hey another question before i go out to the junk yard (the headers for 11 bucks backed out) what should i expect to be paying for some headers from a mustang? 10 bucks each or something of that sort?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts