Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the rear bumper I have been working on. I finally got around to cutting and drilling the brackets. I also cut the bottom portion or the rear sheet metal on the quarter panels. I got the main idea from the big mike bumper. Except I used 2x6 and instead of radiusing the ends I did straight cut's cause I don't have a plasma. :twak
I still need to build the tire carrier but I will update this thread as I do more work.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Nice bumper

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
nice stuff. looks good and sturdy.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,916 Posts
very nice work. what did that run ya in material costs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kemicalburns said:
very nice work. what did that run ya in material costs.

Well I got the piece of 2x6 for free from my step dad. The plate I got from curtis steel in the crap bins I think around $15. The rock stomper pivot hinge was $40ish I believe.

I just picked up some 2x3 1/8" tube yesterday to make the tire carrier. They didn't have any scrap so I had to buy a whole stick which was $60.

I got a good start on the tire carrier yesterday I will get some pics up soon.

Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
nice job man.
i made mine very similar, only out of 2x6 instead and then capped the ends with 1/4 plate. looks great man.
i have to get one of the rockcrusher spindles, the rest is tit.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Nice work.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
what did u use to make the pivot point for the spare tire carrier? im trying to get around to making a bumper for my 94 xlt, 33" mickeys, 3in body lift and all the previous owners ****-ups

1 - 20 of 32 Posts