Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a handful of posts where people buy their Yorks at the bone yard...If anyone has bought a new one....
WHERE did they buy it? I couldn't find a web site and I don't know where I could buy a new one.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
onboardair.com

Kilby Enterprises New 210 yorks run around $260 and the clutch is an additional $130.

If your mechanically inclined I can get you a gasket and seal kit for a 210 if you find a used on in a junk yard.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Kf4, erase you PM's...I am trying too send you one and its full....:banghead

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
allcruisen said:
Kf4, erase you PM's...I am trying too send you one and its full....:banghead

Allcruisen :imp :usa
Sorry, just did it a couple minutes ago.

BTW you're scare me...stalking me and posting 1 minute before I do in the thread Im looking at...

Must be some awesome mod power

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does York have a web site so I can study up on them and be able to identify on in the bone yard when I find it?

I would just wander around a pick and pull for hours....what vehicle have the york compressors? I'm clueless.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
I believe it is ccicompressor.com
You can go to tech or something and DL the york Manual. Mainly tell by the shaft. If it tapers down to a sharp edge then it is a 210. The other ones have an angled edge and a groove around the edge. The manual pics will better help you understand.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Ragged_ol_86 said:
I got my 210 from lightnin. But ive seen a bout 4 of them in a j/y near me. Theyre everywhere, just gotta pop hoods of any older ford truck you can and looksee what you can find.

Josh
I've had better luck with early 80's volvos. I've only seen one in a Ford. 1 in a Mercedes, 1 in a Caddy. Dozens in Volvos.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kf4amu said:
FWIW I got my York from a JY in Rock Hill SC. Tested the clutch to make sure it engaged. It's worked fine for the year its been installed, no rebuilding needed.

I just dont use it enough to worry about it being perfect.
How do you test if the clutch is engaged?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,624 Posts
Take the belt off the pump.
Turn the pulley by hand, and confirm the center/face isnt spinning, only the pulley itself is.
Engage the clutch by sending power to the lead coming off of it.
Turn pulley again. this time the whole assembly should turn. If the hoses are disconnected, youll be able to feel vacuum at one port, and air pressure at the other.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reptillikus said:
Take the belt off the pump.
Turn the pulley by hand, and confirm the center/face isnt spinning, only the pulley itself is.
Engage the clutch by sending power to the lead coming off of it.
Turn pulley again. this time the whole assembly should turn. If the hoses are disconnected, youll be able to feel vacuum at one port, and air pressure at the other.
I'm assuming that you could just run 12 volts from a battery to it to "engage the clutch" like you mentioned above?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
reptillikus said:
Yeah. Ive gotten it to work on a couple clutches with a good 9v battery too.
Pure Genius right there...and a whole lot more portable for the junk yard trip! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much are you all paying for these things at the junk yards?

Just trying to see how much cash I need to stash away. I don't have ANY fabbing skills (YET) and so i'm going to have to fork over some cash to broncoair too for the install kit. Plus the hoses and accessories.... you know how it goes.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
I paid 50 but the guy took it off for me.

Good idea with the 9V battery! I'll try that next time I'm in the yard just to see.

Million dragon: Whether you use 9V or bigass 12V car battery, make sure the case of the compressor is grounded to the negative to complete the circuit. Kind of a "duh" moment if you're wondering why its not working :)
Ask me how I know

-Will

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kf4amu said:
I paid 50 but the guy took it off for me.

Good idea with the 9V battery! I'll try that next time I'm in the yard just to see.

Million dragon: Whether you use 9V or bigass 12V car battery, make sure the case of the compressor is grounded to the negative to complete the circuit. Kind of a "duh" moment if you're wondering why its not working :)
Ask me how I know

-Will
I probably would have had a DUH moment too if you hadn't told me that....
Thanks. :thumbup

Did you get it from a Bone Yard?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts