Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zoso how was pinks? We passed a red Firebird and Cougar on 70, they just had to be on the way to Bandimeer:thumbup

Anyway here are some pictures from Red Cone

The Ride up and more to the point down Red Cone was as always beautiful. You all missed a real nice run. Ran into the group from CO4x4 with 3 Scouts a couple of Toys and a Trooper, we followed along until lunch at the fork to Radical Hill. Then went our own way up Radical Hill and then down to Montezuma and back to Denver.

Catching up to Johns group-

Their group heading up the Little Rascal Hill

A couple of me in the middle of the hill

Looking to the top of the mountain

BIG drop offs on both sides

At the top, when it is not so cloudy you can see forever

Damn this is steep

Looking down the last part of the hill – then back up

Looking back to Webster Pass and Red Cone

Got-a take pictures of the goats

Heading back down.

It was a great day, Thanks a bunch to John for letting me tag along

More pictures can be found here
http://picasaweb.google.com/wileec2/RedCone

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
well I had a blast at pinks. it's a shame my car wasn't hookin for crap on that track. Oh-well maybe next time.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Looks like you had a nice day, even time to smell the flowers.

So I take it all went well, no issues, no leaks?

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No the only issue was one of embarrassment. Going along real good and try to climb some boulders only to find out front axle no workie. Get out and poke around right side hub is not engaged:smilie_slap:brown bag:brown bag no good with an open front. Locker it in and we were off no weird noises no puddles on the garage floor when I got back:thumbup Thanks again Mark.

Hoping for a trip up Jenny Creek in early Sept. Real pretty drive.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I've never been on Red Cone, just the pictures scare the crap out of me :shocked Looks like a beautiful area to wheel in.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your Jenny Creek run. The rig is mobile and needs some trail time :rockon

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
I've never been on Red Cone, just the pictures scare the crap out of me :shocked Looks like a beautiful area to wheel in.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your Jenny Creek run. The rig is mobile and needs some trail time :rockon
yea, I think if I were there in person I mighta been close to pissing my pants. I start thinking too much about the what if scenarios on trails like these. Trail itself looks simple, but what if I lose all braking, what if a bead blows on a tire on a real thin stretch of trail with a mile long rollover to follow......

Post up dates on the Jenny Creek, I most likely will be able to go that first or second saturday, I'll check both those weekends, think we have something scheduled on one, but the other is open.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice pics....It does look a bit intense

shadow is right I'd be worried about my brakes or something....

So when's jenny creek?..

·
Registered
517 Posts
oh come on all walked away from both of thos. whats the problem

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pics....It does look a bit intense

shadow is right I'd be worried about my brakes or something....

So when's jenny creek?..
Went down the whole thing without touching the brake peddle! Those rocks move way to much to lock up the wheels with breaks. Stick it in 4lo 1st and plant both feet firmly on the floor. I have stock gearing all the way back and this worked out fine. Not to say a lower first and 4.56s would not be a lot nicer.

I am thinking Sept 7th or 14th for Jenny Creek. Labor day weekend Aug 31st could also work. Will start something new for it soon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
that kind of trail would have been better suited for my old bronco with manual and granny gear... not a gear low enough on this 78 with the auto c6 4.11's

·
Registered
517 Posts
you would do fine. I have a '95 with stock gears and in 4 lo 1st gear I don't have to use brakes. its a little faster then perfict but way doable

1 - 17 of 17 Posts