Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ou and your parents?

Due to a recent topics we have started talking about getting along with our parents and so forth. I was curious on how ya'll got alone with ya'll parents.
For me i got along great with mine, yeah my mom likes to run up my credit card to $700 and not pay for it. but i look at what she did for me and i just pay it and take the card away from her. She always took care of me and made sure i got the best when we could afford it. I never asked much because they either got me what i wanted or i worked for it. My first truck was a 78 chevy crew cab that my father gave me cause it was free. I thought i was the shet cause i had wheels!! it was tough too. When i needed help they was always there for me. I don't like asking for money from them cause they already helped me out abunch and plus my daddy got me a new truck for my birthday so i can have a dependable ride to college. If i got a problem i go to them and ask for their advise. most of the time i know what they are going to say so i just go that away or i ask to make sure.
And about whuppens, my last one was when i was 5 yrs old. i was just smarter then most kids and learned the first time. i was never a trouble maker.:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge
They tought me everything i know about trucks, mostly dad did the teaching. they supported me when i got the camaro and i am still rebuilding it now. If i decide to do something they was there for me even if they was against it. they made sure i was ok and safe.
i think u get the idea on how me and my parent get along, so i will end this post now and listen to what ya'll have to say.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i get along with mine fairly well. my dad and i have our differences at times, but doesnt everyone? my dad raised me around 18 wheelers, and i have grown up with a love for cars and trucks. they bought me my bronco when i was 15, almost 16, and although at first they hated me wheeling it but they began to accept it over time and were more open to it. when my brother turned 15 and we found him a nice truck, they were open to buying it and now he is addicted to the four wheeling bug. they have always loaned me money when i needed it, mostly when i was fixing up the bronco, and now that i have started college they told me to just concentrate and not get a job and try to focus on school, i feel very lucky because of that. i love them, the love me, thats all i have to say

wes

·
Registered
755 Posts
my parents divoreced when i was to young to remember them together, it was a good break up, they just couldnt live with each other anymore. they are still great friends and i was living with my mom in the week, and at ,my dads on the weekeds. im happy with that actually. i have such a close relationship with my mom its awesome, she is very young so we were able to do carzy thing like dirtbike, ski, bike etc together! she is the one who actually got me into the crazy stuff i do, she taught me to be different and to not let peopel stand in my way, and to do what makes me happy. my dad on the other hand is totally opposite, but we get along, we are kinda like pauli and pop on orange county choppers! thats why mom couldnt stand him. he thinks i have a disease than makes me cut up and change perfectly good truck, he just doesnt understand. he is totaly against the stuff i do, when my mom and i got dirtbikes we didnt talk for like a month! than, i actually bought my first truck at the age of 14 (a Ford of coarse) behind his back, my mom said it was hers but he caught on eventually. so i sold it and took all the money to buy insurance for my bronco! built the bronco, and bought it with his permission, first thing he said to me was not to lift it, so i came up with this plan, i would cut the fenders 3" and put flares on to hide it, and than put 35's on it and it will look stock,,,right.....hell no, it was ****ing huge, so i show up after a few weeks to his house all big and badass and he was like wow, that big..but he didnt catch on, so i kept modifying it and than it was getting to expensicve to drive so i bought the ranger, with my dads and moms help, and my grandma, instead of finacing they payed for it and i payed them back instead of a bank! so my dad started not likeing the bronco, and he told me to sell it!, he doesnt underestand how much time my friend s and i have into that truck, its a part of us...so i kept it at moms, and she helped me hide it, so i told him i gave it to my neighbor,,,,which i didnt...i brought it to work that week and turned it into a race truck..and 3 weeks later i raced the thing while dad thought it was sold! even tho it is dangerous, it has been my goal to race since i can rmeber, and it felt so good to finally do it, and i will do it as long as i can, mom loved the roll over video and dad still doesnt know.. so over all, we are a happy family and i have to admit i love them both very much! and they have played a major part in making me who i am today! wow, i never typed that much ever!

air

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
my parents are great. i love them so much, and i am amazed they still love me after all the crap i've put them through with my arrogant teenage bullshit. my dad and i have become real close with working on the bronco together. some how they found it in their hearts to get me the bronco as kind of an 18th birthday, graduation, going away to college kind of present. at the time we needed 3 reliable cars for the family and the bronco worked out perfectly for us.

of course when i started to wheel it they gave the "you break it you fix it, and you're broke anyway." i still don't think my mom is thrilled about the lift, but her attitude changed greatly after her first trip to pismo. we were watching a bunch of toyotas try to go up comp hill, and none of them could make it. she asked if i could make it. i said, "if you want me to try hold on tight." long story short, she thought it was real cool to make it up AND catch 3 feet of air at the top:cool:

i will never have anything bad to say about my parents because they have always been there to love and support me, especially now that i'm off to college.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
I love both my parents very much. They got divorced when I was 5 so I don't remember them being together. Growing up this way freak'n sucked. I told myself that I wouldn't put my kids through something like this if me and the wifie got divorced. It's not their problem. I went through alot of BS growing up, going to court, fights, etc etc. That's in the past. I would do anything for them and I know they would me, especially mom. She has given me money when she doesn't have much. I'll do things around the house for her and she will give me money. I tell her no but then she gets really mad and gives me a look. My dad and I don't have the greatest (I think) of relationships. We get along great but not like I would like. But anyways they are great! They put up with my younger days of junk and have taught me well. I am just like my dad. I will start a project and not stop till I am done and I fell like I can work/do anything around the house, yard, and garage without any difficulty. Growing up I always thought my dad could fix/build anything. Well I'll stop rambling. They are great peeps and I love them!

·
Registered
589 Posts
My dad and i went toe to toe in the driveway when i was 17. i moved out, slept in my chevy s10, bought a bronco, had some fun, now hes on a cruise in mexico with a lady thats not my mom... and i dunno... we talk occasionally but nothing much.
As for my mom, shes a cronic liar, and she some kinda heart failure thing goin on... but shes yet to tell me about it. i heard from a friend of mine, who knows my sister. anyways, my families never been close, pry never will be, but i love um just the same. diffrences aside, they are the reason im here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts