Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to replace the plugs in the ranger today because it was missing so bad. this is what i found.....

i measured the gap and they ranged from 60-75 thousands, they should be
keep in mind this truck has 185,000 on the clock.

i just thought some of you may find this a bit amusing.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
you got a valve cover leak?

i got a plug once at work we didn't even get 1 minute out of
i opened the box and saw it had no ground electrode

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hmmm. A new set of 8 plugs costs like 20 dollars. A plug breaks off in the head and you are paying more to get that just to get it out. (If you can get the truck down to a mechanic that will do it without a tow on 7 cylinders) I've never heard of a plug breaking off in the head, the ceramic area breaking yes, but to have a plug break to the point that it cant be removed I dont know. Anyway, I'd take that big 20 dollar plunge at around 80 or 100,000 miles, that is if you can spare 20 dollars.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Hmmm. A new set of 8 plugs costs like 20 dollars. A plug breaks off in the head and you are paying more to get that just to get it out. (If you can get the truck down to a mechanic that will do it without a tow on 7 cylinders) I've never heard of a plug breaking off in the head, the ceramic area breaking yes, but to have a plug break to the point that it cant be removed I dont know. Anyway, I'd take that big 20 dollar plunge at around 80 or 100,000 miles, that is if you can spare 20 dollars.
:scratchhe

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Seeing those plugs makes me really want to change mine...walking outside this morning makes me want to wait till spring.

9*F out, feels like -12, 30mph winds...I should have sayed in bed...

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Seeing those plugs makes me really want to change mine...walking outside this morning makes me want to wait till spring.

9*F out, feels like -12, 30mph winds...I should have sayed in bed...
I feel like that when it is 40 outside. BUt will have a garage in 29 days:rockon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts