Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
8,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this seems kinda like a stupid rule. whats the point of it? doesnt seem to affect very recent posts but if there a day old it counts? i tend to go back and make slight changes and such or add pics. for example i saw in this post i got autocorrected to say RPM bolts instead of ARP bolts. simple edit but it still counts as a change

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,107 Posts
Same here and BTW.......
414473F6-DD94-478E-89DF-1ABDA0EFD40C.jpeg

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,532 Posts
We are trying to figure a way to circumvent that for members with 30+ or however many posts. The reason it is as it is, it to keep a spammer from posting a legal post, and coming back 6 months later and editing it to a spam post.

I am with you, as I have to edit stuff 10 times a day. As a moderator, I have unlimited edits so it doesnt affect me.

·
Administrator
1,144 Posts
this seems kinda like a stupid rule. whats the point of it? doesnt seem to affect very recent posts but if there a day old it counts? i tend to go back and make slight changes and such or add pics. for example i saw in this post i got autocorrected to say RPM bolts instead of ARP bolts. simple edit but it still counts as a change

View attachment 154105
We are working on this with our dev team to help make this more reliable and not count any edit made on posts younger than 24 hours.
-Philip

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,842 Posts
@fullsize
While trying to edit my BLOG, I get this message and it doesn't allow me to enter the information that I intend to use for my maintenance records. Please advise.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,687 Posts
I also keep running into this wall. Is there any way to turn it off for long time members with a proven track record? Some of us rework old resource threads that provide info that needs to be updated as links & pics drop out. Having to remember the changes needed, along with the location of the replacement info until the limit expires is a real problem.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,875 Posts
There's also a bug with sending pictures via private messages. They seem like they attach but then when u send the message, poof, gone. @BigBlue 94 knows what I'm talking about if u need a better explanation.
Also, the forum runs very slow for me. Thought it was because I was using an old phone but now even with my new one it's still ... s l o w

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,532 Posts
There's also a bug with sending pictures via private messages. They seem like they attach but then when u send the message, poof, gone. @BigBlue 94 knows what I'm talking about if u need a better explanation.
Also, the forum runs very slow for me. Thought it was because I was using an old phone but now even with my new one it's still ... s l o w
They are currently working on the attachments issue in conversations.

I'll add that my site experience has been painfully slow the last few weeks too. Like supermotors slow...

·
Administrator
124 Posts

They are currently working on the attachments issue in conversations.

I'll add that my site experience has been painfully slow the last few weeks too. Like supermotors slow...
Hello all,

Our team has a bit of a backlog so sorry for any delayed responses.

Right now our main focus is the site speed issues and reviewing spam tools, once those are sorted out we will move back towards adding new features and bug fixes.

Jeff M

·
Addicted to Junk
11,532 Posts
Hello all,

Our team has a bit of a backlog so sorry for any delayed responses.

Right now our main focus is the site speed issues and reviewing spam tools, once those are sorted out we will move back towards adding new features and bug fixes.

Jeff M
Speed, or lack thereof is my main complaint at the moment. Usually it's a 2 minute load time or so. Not always though

·
Administrator
124 Posts
Speed, or lack thereof is my main complaint at the moment. Usually it's a 2 minute load time or so. Not always though
Yup, it should be getting better very soon after we remigrate to the new database.

Jeff M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts