Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

261 - 280 of 737 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,131 Posts
I struck out yesterday as well. I saw an E350 shuttle bus on my lunch recon trip Thursday, so I went back planning to get the 460 saginaw setup. One of the AC compressor bolts broke off, but I figured I'd be able to get it out, so I continued. Once I got the whole thing out, I saw that the bolt hole where it attached to the water pump was cracked/broken. So I left it all there.

There is an 80-something big van with 8 lug wheels, but I wasn't able to get the hood open to see what engine it had.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,123 Posts
There is an 80-something big van with 8 lug wheels, but I wasn't able to get the hood open to see what engine it had.
Go back and pull the doghouse off and look from behind the engine. Then work on getting the hood open if it's a BBF

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
1,996 Posts
I finally hit up one of the smaller yards in the area that I've been told about. I found two things: 1) a driver's side Extend-A-Mirror (discontinued) to match the passenger side I found awhile back, and a transfer case skid plate from a brick nose F-series. I've been looking for a skid plate for 2+ years to replace my mangled one! Unfortunately, the '80s plates are bigger and interfere with the tranny mount cross member, so lots of cutting and shaping were needed to match the scaled down factory version. I might as well try improving it while I'm at it...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Local guy, (forty miles in Central Texas is local),😳has an ‘81 w/351M, and the underhood light that spools out is on it still. The lens is missing but I will get it next time, mud was too deep to carry anything over there...the interior has some good plastic and the spare tire mount inside the back is there but I don’t know if that would fit in my ‘94....

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Pretty sure it will.
Hope you’re right . The plastic stuff, trim pieces in there are mostly intact, but some heat damage and splitting and it is all that awful color of faded red. Willing to get all of it and paint it to match my ‘94 that has nothing inside, but again I don’t know what will fit. Especially want the pieces around the top where the headliner transitions to the back, right above the rear seat area. Even if I don’t use them someone else will want them. The under hood light and interior spare tire mount and some other stuff will be leaving with me....Would really love it if the poor damned thing had 4.10 gears I could get, but that’s just fantasy...should have crawled under it but the mud was fierce. Door sticker is too faded to read.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Found this. Pretty sure it's a 58 RJ58. Gave it to my Dad for fathers day along with a hemi predator 212 engine. That Mt. Dew is a 1 litre bottle. This thing is TINY.

Sadly, no truck parts.

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,123 Posts
Hope you’re right . The plastic stuff, trim pieces in there are mostly intact, but some heat damage and splitting and it is all that awful color of faded red. Willing to get all of it and paint it to match my ‘94 that has nothing inside, but again I don’t know what will fit. Especially want the pieces around the top where the headliner transitions to the back, right above the rear seat area. Even if I don’t use them someone else will want them. The under hood light and interior spare tire mount and some other stuff will be leaving with me....Would really love it if the poor damned thing had 4.10 gears I could get, but that’s just fantasy...should have crawled under it but the mud was fierce. Door sticker is too faded to read.
The topper trim is slightly different in the 80s, but the headliner part should definitely fit. The 80s stuff screws on, where as the 90s uses plastic push pins.

I can get you dimensions for the light lense cap if you have access to a 3d printer. Do those things print in clear?

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I struck out yesterday. I went to the local junkyard to find a couple trim rings for some stock steelies and came up empty. There was 2 different trucks that had 2 stock steelies on them, but neither of them had trim rings on them. :doh0715:
I found a couple trim rings at the other local junkyard. 2 for $10, Cliff is too kind to me. After seeing what they cost on Ebay I would have gladly paid $10-$15 each.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,123 Posts
^^^ that's one hell of a sign

Saw an old k5 at the local scrap yard a couple weeks ago. It's not a pick n pull, but you can scrounge around some. It's just a normal metal recycling yard

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
^^^ that's one hell of a sign

Saw an old k5 at the local scrap yard a couple weeks ago. It's not a pick n pull, but you can scrounge around some. It's just a normal metal recycling yard
I don't know if he's ever ran that thing or not but it makes for a cool billboard.
He had a 92-96 Bronco there but he doesn't want to part it out. It was kind of rusty, but the 1/4 panels look better than mine. :cry

·
Registered
147 Posts
I scored the heads, intake, injectors and ecm from a 96 explorer last month. I was going to go today to get the balancer and cam syncro, but it's thunderstorming

·
Super Moderator
4,464 Posts
I had a great day at the salvage yard. I found an instrument cluster for an automatic and some bezels in black including the large space one in hopes of doing a double din. Cost me $34.
And a tachometer to boot. They look really nice. Great find.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Got an alternator with the brackets and a driver's side exhaust manifold today of an older carbed 302. Needed to drop the previously FI'd 302 into my carbed 86. Of course I spent way too long pulling the wrong manifold first. Well learned lesson. Turns out the carbed manifold extends out away from the block more at the outlet. The shop team that sent me felt bad. For my part, I had a blast getting greasy, sun burned and skinned up. Way better than a day at work.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,131 Posts
I went to the yard today, and happened to take a closer look at an older utility truck that has been there for a few months. 70's Ford cab with a big tank on the back. I think I'd looked under it before to see if there were any PTO accessories. Today I decided to open the hood and I found a big six with a belt driven air compressor. I don't have a six, but couldn't leave the compressor behind. This thing is serious: water cooled, externally oiled. On the pulley was painted '79 Ford LT800'. I assume it has a Clark 5 speed. Shifter had 1-2-4-R on top, 3-5 on the bottom.

Was there anything special about 300s that were used in medium duty applications?

·
Super Moderator
4,464 Posts
I went to the yard today, and happened to take a closer look at an older utility truck that has been there for a few months. 70's Ford cab with a big tank on the back. I think I'd looked under it before to see if there were any PTO accessories. Today I decided to open the hood and I found a big six with a belt driven air compressor. I don't have a six, but couldn't leave the compressor behind. This thing is serious: water cooled, externally oiled. On the pulley was painted '79 Ford LT800'. I assume it has a Clark 5 speed. Shifter had 1-2-4-R on top, 3-5 on the bottom.

Was there anything special about 300s that were used in medium duty applications?

They can have a forged steel crank shaft. :thumbup
Wouldn't mind if I had had one of those before I started my 300 build. Granted, I didn't turbo it or anything, but it sure would be nice knowing it's in there.

Otherwise, the 5 speed would be pretty sweet behind a 300 in f-series or Bronco.

261 - 280 of 737 Posts