Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

321 - 340 of 588 Posts

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,918 Posts
I'll add to the weirdness... I see the watermark in the original post. In El Kabong's post, I first saw the watermark in the quote of mckenziedg's post as well as cobrajoe's screenshot of it, but then the image rescanned as I scrolled the page and the watermark disappeared.

There's probably some browser security or extension explanation as to what causes some people to see it and when. If only we could capture that lightning in a bottle and rid everyone of the photobucket viewing pain...
Okay, I think I have figured out a way that we can view pictures without that horrible PhotoPhuckit watermark.

It' pretty easy, if you have a picture that you want to post, but don't want the watermark to show up on that image, simply

STOP

USING

PHOTOBUCKET!!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Lol agreed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good job on the dual sunvisors those go for decent money on ebay. I left a small block 4x4 zf5 off a wreck earlier this summer in the yard. I thought about getting it then decided it would sit to long till i got to it or found someone that wanted it.
Thank! I was beginning to think my only option was for brown or red since those were plentiful, but found a 2-wd black F150 that had the right ones.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,381 Posts
Made it to two yards today.

I think I found the single most rusty pickup ever. And dont get excited, like I did. It's an f250, not 350. The only explanation I can come up with is it was a salt truck.

My main quarry for the day was this radiator I spied last time. It was in a 92 or 93 f250 with a 7.3 IDI. $58 bucks with the shroud (core chg and warranty too). It's a massive downflow radiator. The core is 3" thick.

And the best part, its BRASS!

I scored 5 more 4.9L/7.5L air box inlet ducts, and these massive tow hooks off a heavy duty GM truck. It had a 7.2L I6 CAT diesel in it. Those are half inch bolts. Hooks were $6 a piece.

Also scored another York compressor. I think it's a 210. One of the outlets snapped off, but I wanted it for parts anyways. And of all things, this came off a @67galax 500 sedan. The bracket came off an econoline that used to have a York. I'll modify it.

In a cabinet in the back of a 2000+ econoline, I found the air cleaner from a 240/300 I6. It's in pretty good shape. @Renorover need another one?

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Also scored another York compressor. I think it's a 210. One of the outlets snapped off, but I wanted it for parts anyways. And of all things, this came off a @67galax 500 sedan. The bracket came off an econoline that used to have a York. I'll modify it.
out of all the 67 fords I owned, the only one that was ever supposed to be air conditioned was the LTD. Of course, when I got it, the 390 w/AC had been replaced with a 289, no compressor, or even a bracket.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,381 Posts
out of all the 67 fords I owned, the only one that was ever supposed to be air conditioned was the LTD. Of course, when I got it, the 390 w/AC had been replaced with a 289, no compressor, or even a bracket.
This one looked to have a 289/302 in it too. Had the same PS and AC setup as the 65 f100 with the first York I found.

Lots of good parts left on it

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I finally found an EFI Saginaw setup (bracket/pump/reservoir/hoses) on a '92 E150 5.8L ... with the appropriate caking of oily mud everywhere in the engine bay to be a true Econoline! I'm still not sure I even want the extra power steering assist, and I probably don't have enough clearance for the reservoir (without going remote) with my York setup, but having it on hand makes mocking things up a heck of a lot easier, and I wouldn't mind a brake upgrade in the future, so maybe Hydroboost...?

·
Addicted to Junk
10,381 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,381 Posts
I finally found an EFI Saginaw setup (bracket/pump/reservoir/hoses) on a '92 E150 5.8L ... with the appropriate caking of oily mud everywhere in the engine bay to be a true Econoline! I'm still not sure I even want the extra power steering assist, and I probably don't have enough clearance for the reservoir (without going remote) with my York setup, but having it on hand makes mocking things up a heck of a lot easier, and I wouldn't mind a brake upgrade in the future, so maybe Hydroboost...?
Dont hate me but the serp Saginaw bracket I saw last time i was at the JY was still laying on the ground today... couldn't get the pulley off so it stayed.

Today I picked up a set of 300 v-belt sag brackets and a sanden AC bracket off the same mid 80s van for a couple members here.

For myself I scored a set of jump seats out of an 88 extended cab ranger. They fold up nicely and have good seatbelts attached to the assembly. I'll probably put them in the econoline. The frame has a little rust, but can be cleaned up pretty easy.

I also found an underhood retractable light off an 80s 20series Chevy van. It has an on/off switch and manual crank cord reel. I got this for free! I dont usually venture into the GM section, but for some reason this van spoke to me Haha! Also pulled the remote reservoir of the sag power steering pump on it, though idk what I'll do with it.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I did my pre-saturday scouting trip today at lunch. Saw this interesting truck. Not sure of the year, but its a 'bump side'. It has an FE and 4 speed. Drum brake front axle. Different "Power by Ford" valve covers than I've seen before.

Not sure if the headers are worth trying to get out.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,381 Posts
Those 390 badges are not common and the hood is in good shape. And a hood ornament!?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Dont hate me but the serp Saginaw bracket I saw last time i was at the JY was still laying on the ground today... couldn't get the pulley off so it stayed.
It's all good. I figure if it takes me two years to find a part, I'm under no obligation to hurry and get it installed! Sure, I could have bought one online a long time ago, but it's more satisfying to pull my own for basically what it would cost to have one shipped. :)

That Chevy remote reservoir, though... I've tried removing a few Astro pump pulleys and I think they're all welded on. My pulley puller was totally useless on them. Plus, I'm not entirely sure which years are worthwhile.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,381 Posts
That Chevy remote reservoir, though...
I saw one that had a second tube on it leading to a hydroboost setup. I've also come across an F-Superduty with a HB unit on it, but if I'm doing anything with brakes, it's all new parts. Speaking of brakes, that big GM truck with the cat diesel I saw last trip had an electric brake booster!

I didnt have a pulley puller with me (I'm an idiot!). I removed the reservoir so the pump body would slide through the center hole in a wheel and the pulley rested on the wheel. Still couldn't beat it off. Even had some wd40. Ofnit had been the rare flat 300 v-belt pulley, I'd have just taken the pump and done it at home.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I bring two tool kits: one that is reasonably light and covers 95% of needs, and the other that I can barely lift, for the special needs cases. The second one stays in the truck, obviously. It's got multiple sets of impact sockets, hammer, pry bar, pullers, big crescent wrenches, etc. The metal box alone might weigh more than my other kit. It's not often I need to go back out and grab something from it, and it sure beats lugging that stuff around! I'm in the habit of packing both kits at the same time, so I never have to give any thought to what to bring.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
And a hood ornament!?
went back today to look some more. I don't think this is was factory installed.

Is one particular style of York better than another? Upright or sideways?

Upright

its a 210 in a diesel mercedes

and sideways

not sure which model. can't read the tag, but appears to be on a 79 T-bird with a 302

321 - 340 of 588 Posts