Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

341 - 360 of 521 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Also, there were two transmissions in the 'engine pile' with BW1354 transfer cases on them. Normally at this yard, a transfer case is $100, but I asked "what if they're in the pile" and was told $25. Is it worth it to get one of them? I have a BW1356 on my bronco and F150. Thoughts were that these would be for resale.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
The York came in 206, 208, and 210 models. 210 has the longest stroke, and therefore, the highest CFM. Measure the 210 case length and compare. Mounting depends on vehicle space, not on model of compressor. Both mine were laying sideways. Both of mine are 210s

The York is special in that it can be mounted in any direction because it has it's own oiling system, seperate from the freon. If you lay it sideways, you need an oil trap and return because it can blow oil out the compressed air side.

Be careful taking the lines loose. You can break the head of the York. Ask how I know...

Yorks with T shaped fittings generally fit better than those with upright fittings, but with the room we have it doesnt really matter.

And yeah, I dont think an LTD ornament was stock on a f100...

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
Hopefully the 96 f350 I saw online hasn't been touched at the yard. D60 here I come (in a few hours). It's a 351 too so maybe it has a 5 spd. Crew cab with a utility bed and a boom hoist.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
ATTENTION!

there is a bronco in the Tumwater, WA pick n pull with at least one rear sliding window! It's a brown 84 I think

·
Ford-a-Holic
3,849 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
ATTENTION!

there is a bronco in the Tumwater, WA pick n pull with at least one rear sliding window! It's a brown 84 I think
That's a 3-4 hour drive from here. It might be tempting for both windows, but a full day for just one sight unseen window...ugh. I'll leave that gem to someone else. :)

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
Show us that d60 and boom lift. Make sure u get the leaf brackets for that d60!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Ugh what an afternoon. Couldn't find my grinder and cutoff wheel, so I had a sawzall.

Where the hell is this truck? Oh it's way the hell over there, but look, it's still got both axles! Oh but damn, its resting on the axles...

Managed to get the axle free, but since the truck is sitting on top of it, I have to wait for em to pull the truck off the top of it in the morning. Then the axle will be sitting there for anyone to take :doh0715: because I cant get there till 430. Good thing it's way back in the farthest corner and opposite all the trucks. I used a gantry crane to at least get the axle separated.

I couldn't get the leaf u-bolts to even budge and my saw wouldn't touch em. So I unbolted the ends of the leaves from the hangers. Had to cut one rear one because the bolt and bushing were fused solid. I can fab brackets easily if need be. I'll use the cutoff wheel on the u-bolts tomorrow and ditch the saggy leaves and swaybar. No need for all that weight.

Oddly I think they drove this truck in. It's in pretty damn good shape. It is an automatic. Maybe the boom went out.

Their pic, lights on "driving" across the scales

It does have a husky floor liner in the back and front seats. Gonna snag those too.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Ugh what an afternoon. Couldn't find my grinder and cutoff wheel, so I had a sawzall.

Where the hell is this truck? Oh it's way the hell over there, but look, it's still got both axles! Oh but damn, its resting on the axles...

Managed to get the axle free, but since the truck is sitting on top of it, I have to wait for em to pull the truck off the top of it in the morning. Then the axle will be sitting there for anyone to take :doh0715: because I cant get there till 430. Good thing it's way back in the farthest corner and opposite all the trucks. I used a gantry crane to at least get the axle separated.

I couldn't get the leaf u-bolts to even budge and my saw wouldn't touch em. So I unbolted the ends of the leaves from the hangers. Had to cut one rear one because the bolt and bushing were fused solid. I can fab brackets easily if need be. I'll use the cutoff wheel on the u-bolts tomorrow and ditch the saggy leaves and swaybar. No need for all that weight.

Oddly I think they drove this truck in. It's in pretty damn good shape. It is an automatic. Maybe the boom went out.

Their pic, lights on "driving" across the scales

It does have a husky floor liner in the back and front seats. Gonna snag those too.
Yes please get the husky liners. They clean up like new with purple power 50/50 in spray bottle and a brush and bucket of water. No I'm talking about the drivers lower leaf bucket the ubolts go through. Make sure u get those ubolt brackets. Leave the leafs if you can.

That was a bucket truck also.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
Yes please get the husky liners. They clean up like new with purple power 50/50 in spray bottle and a brush and bucket of water. No I'm talking about the drivers lower leaf bucket the ubolts go through. Make sure u get those ubolt brackets. Leave the leafs if you can.

That was a bucket truck also.
Oh I see, yes I was intending on grabbing those.

I have the husky liners in my 85, but only the front. They are great.

Yeah I didnt mean crane boom. Though it was heavy enough to work as a small crane

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Yeah, that U bolt saddle thing can bring like $50 on eBay, I’ve made some quick money when I find those laying under trucks in the wrecking yard

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
What color is the Interior?
Uh gray I think. The seats had som blue and gray to em.

Was able to make it up there this morning when they opened. Truck hadnt been touched. So I ground through the u-bolts and pulled the springs off. Then the swaybar. Was a B1TCH getting that heavy ass thing from one corner of the yard to the other. They only have 2-wheeled carts and the axle was trying to get me up the butt as I was pulling. Feel like I went 20 rounds with a grizzly.

And a set of husky floor liners, dirty, but in good shape

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
Uh gray I think. The seats had som blue and gray to em.

Was able to make it up there this morning when they opened. Truck hadnt been touched. So I ground through the u-bolts and pulled the springs off. Then the swaybar. Was a B1TCH getting that heavy ass thing from one corner of the yard to the other. They only have 2-wheeled carts and the axle was trying to get me up the butt as I was pulling. Feel like I went 20 rounds with a grizzly.

And a set of husky floor liners, dirty, but in good shape

Shoulda mentioned, I walked out the door for $277. Not counting my labor, it was a hell of a deal

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
So you're going to be doing a 1-ton axle swap on the bronco or the van?
I'm not real sure yet what I'm gonna do. I just couldn't leave it for someone else or to get crushed. I look online at the yard inventories a couple times a week, and this is the first 4x4 f350 (not superduty) I've seen out of all 6 yards. The van is unfortunately not a candidate, because it's so rusty underneath and it's got that measly 250horse V6. The d60 is worth more than my van lol.

Forgot you're a van man. Bet that wasn't fun getting an axle into vs an open bed or trailer a a hoist can fit over.
This is the second axle I've loaded in the van. First was a 78 d44 front. That one me and the seller just manhandled and it was not fun. This one, I hooked up to their engine hoist and backed the van under it. A kind black gentleman helped me guide it in (the only person who offered to help me, and I had to cart the 500 lbs axle at least a 1/4 mile). The one benefit is not having a tailgate and I'm a bit lower than most pickups.

So for now, the axle is gonna sit, until I find a project and time. I've got a spare sterling, and a 78 F150 ranger RCLB that the axles are rusted solid on, so i might save it for that.

Lol in my collection of parts I now have a solid d44, a solid d60, a d60 that went through a fire, a sterling 10.25, and a d44HD ttb (the latter two are still under an 88 f250 I bought for the ZF5.

Question: are the lockouts the same for a 99 superduty and a 96 f350? I snagged a set of warn premiums off a unit bearing superduty a while back.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Lol in my collection of parts I now have a solid d44, a solid d60, a d60 that went through a fire, a sterling 10.25, and a d44HD ttb (the latter two are still under an 88 f250 I bought for the ZF5.
Mods, can we get a new thread started: "Your BigBlue 94 Backyard Finds!"

·
Addicted to Junk
10,196 Posts
Mods, can we get a new thread started: "Your BigBlue 94 Backyard Finds!"
Haha oh then dont forget the ranch hand bumper off my burnt 96 psd, 03 mustang mach 1, 02 exploder sport, sets of wheels, radiators, or the 74 econoline I have access to as well as a couple more bricknose f250s. Or the hay trailers storing scrap that have banjo rear ends from old 30s fords underneath. Still running the original wire wheels even. I've even got a full, but sorta crude, roll cage for an early bronco I had once. Oh and a front bumper and brush guard.

I like to scavenge and I dont throw anything away that I might be able to use. My neighbor who has the econoline and bricknoses is the same way. I can go back in there and find any piece of metal i could dream of. I just have to replace it with something similar lol, since the power plant doesnt let him take scrap anymore. Whenever he is ready to scrap the econoline, I'm gonna strip the axle and 6 cylinder out. Those early econoline axles are super rare due to length and a slightly offset differential.

341 - 360 of 521 Posts