Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

421 - 440 of 522 Posts

·
Foolsize Member
1,521 Posts
that has a lot of extra usable parts that you could sell or hoard, too.
My thoughts exactly, its got a set of lower coil isolators i'll snag and some decent looking Warn 1/4 turn hubs that my 78 needs. Everything else can be spares

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
On my tour yesterday, I saw a bronco transmission/transfer case in the engine pile. I figured I'd get the flange output in case I ever wanted to convert the F150 into a Bronco one. I also pulled the case apart to get the entire output shaft that goes with it, but didn't have any snap ring pliers to get it off. So I stashed it all, plus the one half of the driveshaft in an old van (hopefully to separate and get later).
Went back today with my new snap ring pliers and got that output shaft (and rear tailhousing, if you can call it that) from the bronco transfer case.

Hopefully there's nothing else bronco-specific that I should have grabbed. There's all sorts of threads out there to convert electric to manual, but none so far that detail converting an F150 to a Bronco transfer case.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,204 Posts
Couldn't even get the first bolt loose on the 460 sag bracket... so I said eff it

I did manage to find this York 210 on an 81 f150 with a SBF. So I snagged the brackets too.

Then the elusive center console with DEEP cupholders. Or at least deeper than normal! Found in a bullnose supercab.

I also managed to grab a pic of the first gen 4.9L/7.5L air box snorkel.

Then I stumbled onto an owners manual and accessory brochure for 1985 pickups. In the brochure was an accessory I've never heard of: rear auxiliary air conditioning for Broncos. It was a dealer add on, and looked much the same as the ones in the rears of econolines. They were mounted in the driver's side behind the wheel well, making nice use of that space.

·
Super Moderator
4,393 Posts
Then the elusive center console with DEEP cupholders. Or at least deeper than normal! Found in a bullnose supercab.

I don't even begin to understand the reasoning of making that optional / model specific! Why would a Bronco need shallow cupholders and a truck need deeper ones? And if they have the mold for the deeper ones, why make one with shallow ones? Boggles my mind.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,204 Posts
Yeah no clue either. Why bother to have two molds when one is clearly better than the other. The only thing wrong with it is its missing the bar that the lid latches to. But that's an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Is the shallow vs deep cupholder console year-specific, maybe? Like, the improved deep one came later and someone swapped a better one into their old Bullnose? Or, Ford logic...the better one came earlier and they changed for no good reason, then stuck with it because bean counting?

Couldn't even get the first bolt loose on the 460 sag bracket... so I said eff it
That must be why they're so rare on the used market!

I always carry a breaker bar in my backpack. Other than cracking my 3/8" to 1/2" adapter once (using impact sockets for needed depth), I've yet to meet a bolt that it can't break loose or just plain break. Either way, whatever it's holding down is coming out!

·
Addicted to Junk
10,204 Posts
Is the shallow vs deep cupholder console year-specific, maybe? Like, the improved deep one came later and someone swapped a better one into their old Bullnose? Or, Ford logic...the better one came earlier and they changed for no good reason, then stuck with it because bean counting?

That must be why they're so rare on the used market!

I always carry a breaker bar in my backpack. Other than cracking my 3/8" to 1/2" adapter once (using impact sockets for needed depth), I've yet to meet a bolt that it can't break loose or just plain break. Either way, whatever it's holding down is coming out!
They used that style of console from 78-91. I'll try and find a part number on it.

I had a 24" breaker, but not a damn 1/2 >3/8 adapter :doh0715:

Even tried the wrench on the ratchet handle and couldn't budge it. I'll take bigger tools next week and try to get it. Or remove the radiator and hook the big half inch impact.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I had a 24" breaker, but not a damn 1/2 >3/8 adapter :doh0715:
Ah... What I do to avoid that sort of thing is, all 3/8" and 1/4" tools in my carry bag, and the heavy steel tool box that stays in the truck has the 1/2" impact stuff, 1/2" to 3/8" (and vice versa) adapters, 1/2" ratchet, etc. That box probably exceeds 50 lbs at this point. I've never had to bring along the 1/2" breaker bar, knock on wood.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,204 Posts
The yards here all have decent carts so I just haul my 30 lb box in them. On my back is a Camelback.

You can bet what I'll be adding to the box before next trip lol. An A-dapter kit lol.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,204 Posts
Made it up to the JY in Liberty yesterday. A whopping 2 hour drive each way. The 89 f350 4x4 i was looking for was nowhere to be seen.

Did spot this jewel though. An ol unibody, un decent shape.

I snagged the window cranks and inside door handles.

That's not stock! A 351w

Decent 91 in the parking lot!

Snagged a PBF valve cover off an 81 and a Carter 1bbl off a 78.

And another deep cup console! This was in an 89 supercab. This one is missing the opposite part of the latch as the last one lol.

Also saw a post-war GMC cab and frame. Had a FF 8 lug rear axle. No fenders or bed or much of anything else.

Scored some vent window crank handles off a 70ish olds 98. Was a similar year of Eldorado up there, but nothing of value to me on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,393 Posts
That's not stock! A 351w

I don't think the little monster truck is stock either. :rofl:

Snagged a PBF valve cover off an 81 and a Carter 1bbl off a 78.

I've never had issues selling those little 1bbl carbs. Not sure why, but every one I've put on eBay has gone fast, and usually for a good amount too.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,204 Posts
I don't think the little monster truck is stock either. :rofl:

I've never had issues selling those little 1bbl carbs. Not sure why, but every one I've put on eBay has gone fast, and usually for a good amount too.
Lol no, I dont think it is either :rofl:

The one single barrel I had from that rat nest 74 econoline sold quick to a member here. This one was rebuilt by Holley at some point.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts

I did manage to find this York 210 on an 81 f150 with a SBF. So I snagged the brackets too.

I also managed to grab a pic of the first gen 4.9L/7.5L air box snorkel.

Then I stumbled onto an owners manual and accessory brochure for 1985 pickups. In the brochure was an accessory I've never heard of: rear auxiliary air conditioning for Broncos. It was a dealer add on, and looked much the same as the ones in the rears of econolines. They were mounted in the driver's side behind the wheel well, making nice use of that space.
That's a brick nose center console. The 85-86 ones were ones with the shallow cup holders. Snorkle I forgot all about the 87 300 having an absolutely weird emissions system on them.

socket adpater hfqpdb.com

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Junkyard fine for anyone in Maryland Chesapeake Bay Area. My brother-in-law sent me these pictures see if there's anything I wanted and I thought I'd share. If anyone's interested I can ask him the exact location I think it's the junkyard in Harve De Grace Maryland. I'm hoping he can go back pull the seats look to see if there's a steering wheel and the emblems and that rear deflector but the front fenders look good for anyone needs front fenders.
I see the hard-to-find topper trim and at least one side panel. Surely someone could use the instrument cluster w/tach :shrug

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here's some of those Junkyard Pictures from Colorado

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
More of them

Attachments

421 - 440 of 522 Posts