Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

521 - 540 of 606 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
1995 Bronco at the Sun Valley Pick a Part for any So Cal gents and womens in here.. I got the notice about 3 days ago. Probably nothing left but, figured I'd throw it out there.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
In the same 83 van, I found this switch, kind of hidden on the bottom of the dash. It's a six terminal constant on/off MOTORCRAFT switch. Seems very heavy duty. No clue what it was for.

Figured out this switch is a dual fuel tank selector switch.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
So last thursday, when I was at a different JY, one set down a 95 F350 DRW 4X4 dumptruck with a 460 and zf5. Also had a cab visor...

Since weather was better today, than thursday will be, I went up this morning to check it out. The visor was gone. Those things go FAST!

Initially I considered checking out the dump system and ram, but it was connected to some big pieces and the ram looked to weigh over 300 pounds on it's own. I didnt touch it haha. I did however find a Chelsea PTO unit bolted to the ZF5.

Its dirty outside, but looks great inside. And hooked to the PTO is a really dirty hydraulic pump. I pulled it as a unit.

Also pulled the valve off of the rusty hydraulic tank. The lady at the counter was like WTF is that stuff. Had to call the manager over to price it and the pto/pump, since that isnt in Pick-n-Pull's system. Also got the trans tunnel hump for my own zf5 swap, for free. $40 for the valve and $40 for the PTO and hydro pump assembly. A new hydro pump alone has another zero on that, plus some.

Then I mosied on over to the 76 f150 I saw last time and took the 2bbl carb off it. Need to clean it up to see what it is.

I was pulling the d60 from the front, grudgingly lol. I had the driver side disconnected, and was about to move to the other side when the truck shifted on its stands and pinned the passenger side to the ground. That was my sign. I dont need another d60.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
The PTO is a chelsea / dana 440 series with a commercial intertech direct mount pump. From what I gather, that's about $600 worth new. Then the valve maybe another $100 or so. I would have taken the fluid reservoir box but it was rusted through on the mounts. Not bad for 80 bucks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The PTO is a chelsea / dana 440 series with a commercial intertech direct mount pump. From what I gather, that's about $600 worth new. Then the valve maybe another $100 or so. I would have taken the fluid reservoir box but it was rusted through on the mounts. Not bad for 80 bucks.
I wish I had your luck!!!! Nice score

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
I wish I had your luck!!!! Nice score
It comes from scouring the yards every week. Theres six yards, all with their inventory online I check every day. I cant afford to just go on a whim. Being 75 to 120 minutes away from them. If you knew what all I'd left in the yards, you'd cry. I know I do. Wish I had the money and time to just pull everything of value. On that dump truck alone I left a d60, a 4x4 zf5, and a bw1356 with the rare pto port.

Or the 77 f150 with a 300, np435, and np205, 9", and d44. Might go snag that np205 this weekend. Theres a dodge I want part of the np203 off of too

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
@BigBlue 94,

dual t case crawl box setup? Im jelly lol
That's the plan! Since ford NP203s are rarer than Hens teeth, the dodge is the next best bet for modifications to the splined shafts. Theres a Chevy 203 up there too, but they are not as easy to adapt. The main issue is the tranny output shaft and flange. The dodge range box will have to be redrilled to Fords 6bolt TC flange. Wild horses used to do this same conversion all the time.

It would go in my bronco, replacing the np208. That would boost my crawl ratio from an already impressive 79.5:1 to 122:1.

And of course, I will twin stick the 205

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im also super jelly of the $40 PTO unit. I have been looking for one for about 8 years now to go into my dodge, but now I need a new transmission or a t case to go into my FSB that has a PTO port. If I did that, then I wouldn't have to make a special power steering system to use my 18,000lb MM Hydro winch.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
I'm probably gonna use it for a plow, though the blade was sold long ago.

Most all HD manual transmissions had a PTO port. If I make it up to that dumptruck again, I'll check the TC to see if I can get it. Its gnawing at me inside to think of it getting crushed.

I'll say it again, I think I have a disease! Hahaha

The dodge with the np203 is a 77 300 series M20 fire truck (brush truck) and has a v8 and an auto.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Made a trip today to grab the np203 range box off that dodge and the np205 off a 77 f150. There was also an 81 f150 i wanted to check out.

We'll start with the 81. I check under the hood and it's a 300 with not one, but TWO york compressors.

And look at that sweet front bumper and plow setup!

Then I glance up and see an underhood toolbox. Score!

But too good to be true, it had a broken latch and the body was missing a significant portion. Damn.

I noticed the actual AC bracket looked factory, so I snagged it and the York. The bracket does have a ford part code stamped in it.

The second york was mounted in the smog pump bracket, very creatively I might add. It was for an onboard air system. Rigged with an oil separator and a 5 gal air tank under the bed. I left that york. I did take the modified AC lines off it for my system. I snagged a brass fitting manifold with some sort of regulator attached. Figured it'd come in handy for my own setup. And it's like 80 bucks worth of brass fittings!

Across the aisle I spied something for my superduty, a K&N intake tube. It was just lying on the ground!

Then I went to pull the NP205 out of the 77 ford. Driveshafts were a PITA. Linkage was a PITA. Trans tunnel cover was a PITA. Got four of the 6 bolts holding it to the trans out. Then the lower two on the driver side were nowhere to found. There was 27 pounds of solidified grease-mud concrete. I couldn't get enough off to find the bolts. What a bummer. It's probably gonna get crushed soon too. Been there since 10/14. I'll take my scraper next time if it's still there.

At the other yard, I set my sights on the 77 dodge with an np203 transfer case. I decided to drop the case then take the range box off. I didnt wanna risk breaking something, so I found an old seat cushion to drop it on. Managed to drop the 200 pound NP203 to the cushion with a bit of effort. Too bad my hand was under it still! The cushion saved my hand from being completely crushed. Just a bit tender.

All of the reading I did on the 203s bashed it because of the chain drive. I have to wonder how many people have been inside one, because the chain is like 3 inches wide! That's twice as wide as a bw1356. If you've never read the theory behind the "full time" NP203 transfer case, I recommend it. It's quite an interesting unit.

The 203 range box.

Why a dodge you ask? Well, ford NP203s are nearly impossible to find these days. Dodge 203s are easier to convert to work with ford stuff than the chevy 203s.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I had a Ford NP203 last year and had a heck of a time finding a buyer for it. Finally ended up only getting like $150 out of the range box from a guy doing a doubler.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
I had a Ford NP203 last year and had a heck of a time finding a buyer for it. Finally ended up only getting like $150 out of the range box from a guy doing a doubler.
I paid $40 for the range box. The issue with em nowadays is people are just buying atlas cases or complete doubler kits. Seems no one wants to do the legwork anymore to build one.

Kinda funny, an onboard air system is almost obsolete with the great battery tools we have. Of course they are still great for airing up tires and such.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Kinda funny, an onboard air system is almost obsolete with the great battery tools we have. Of course they are still great for airing up tires and such.
I finally figured out you're talking about cordless power tools... I was like, would 12V compressors or battery tenders be enough for that claim?

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Yup, 20v dewalt for the win

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Spent the morning at the dentist getting prepped for a crown... yuck!

Then since I had the day off, and I heard a faint cry for help, I headed to KC to resuce that NP205 transfer case.

This time, I had my 5 in 1 painters tool to do some scraping. Glad I brought it instead of the scraper that was supposed to be in my box last time. The triangle point was necessary for getting all that crud away from the 2 remaining bolts. It was an inch thick over the bottom bolt! Sucker was leaking for a long time.

I left one bolt in the top of the case flange, for safety reasons. Didnt matter because to get em separated, I had to beat on that bolt head. Then managed to get a chisel, and eventually my huge pickle fork (that I found in the JY 6 months ago) in there to pry with. The case plopped right down on the tire I had below it.

Got it home and on my $5 garage sale cart. It's perfect for transmissions and transfer cases.

Also managed to finally find a gas cap for my superduty that broke a month ago.

I was also looking back over that 81 with the OBA setup. Snagged a Milton M air connector, and spotted a great example of the swiss cheese frame.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
@BigBlue 94 are you going to do a write-up on your doubler?

Still jelly btw
Most certainly. I'm gonna try to do most all of it myself, since I have a mill and lathe.

The 203 to 205 shaft will be the only thing I cant do, since I dont have a dividing head for cutting the splines evenly.

@NickOille will be my reference here. He did a 1356 to 208 doubler. (Or maybe 208 to 208, I cant remember)

Lol I'll have 3 PTO ports when its finished.

521 - 540 of 606 Posts