Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

541 - 560 of 606 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
The yards are running a 40% off sale this weekend (including pick n pull nationwide, minus DFW TX), so I left before the rooster crowed and headed to KC. Got there 45 min early because I forgot it was friday, when they open an hour later.

Snagged this MSD 6AL out of some hopped up dodge with a v8. Idk if itll work on a 351w, but for 10 bucks, it's worth a shot!

Then I made my way over to a fairly rare truck, a mid 90s Flareside, and it was also 4x4! I snagged the perfect fender badges off it. Also pictured are some power mirror connectors for my superduty.

And it just so happens, this same flareside had a lighted lund visor on it! I'll paint it blue and slap it on my 96 f350. Next door was a second visor, but it looked like a cheap knockoff and I didnt like the way it mounted to the A-pillars. So I left it for someone else.

And finally, the 95 dually D60 front I started pulling a while back. Came off an f350 c&c dumptruck. Same one I got the PTO from. Same one with a 4x4 BBF ZF5 and and BW 1356 with aluminum front case half and a PTO port. I know someone needs that zf5...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Okay, who’s Bronco is this???

6” lift, looked to be skyjacker radius arms, real spring lift in rear(no blocks), 4.56 gears, Detroit in the rear, either Detroit or tru-trac in the front(hard to tell through the fill plug)
Had a full set of spare shafts in the back, as well as a spare set of warn hubs
Only had time to pull the Detroit out of the rear and grab the hubs. Lady at the counter tried charging me $40 each for the hubs, so I left with just the Detroit from the 8.8. Gonna try to make it back in the morning for the front diff

·
Registered
113 Posts
Okay, who’s Bronco is this???
View attachment 150763
View attachment 150764
6” lift, looked to be skyjacker radius arms, real spring lift in rear(no blocks), 4.56 gears, Detroit in the rear, either Detroit or tru-trac in the front(hard to tell through the fill plug)
Had a full set of spare shafts in the back, as well as a spare set of warn hubs
Only had time to pull the Detroit out of the rear and grab the hubs. Lady at the counter tried charging me $40 each for the hubs, so I left with just the Detroit from the 8.8. Gonna try to make it back in the morning for the front diff
Grab that bumper, if you can get it to Vegas! I need it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I’ll be leaving here shortly, gotta see what money I can scrape together. Just got done telling the wife what little money we had for Christmas, dunno how much I can get away with spending on Bronco parts.... haha

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is the tailgate any good, what do they want for it?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’ll be leaving here shortly, gotta see what money I can scrape together. Just got done telling the wife what little money we had for Christmas, dunno how much I can get away with spending on Bronco parts.... haha
Do ya PayPal guys could front ya the parts money.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Decided to take one last trip during the 40% off sale. Needed to get the transfer case adapter for the np205 to use for my doubler project. Got it. Tried to get the radius arms off that 77 d44 but I couldn't get the coil buckets loose. Damn. I did snag the Impco Model E propane vaporizer off the 77 too.

Also went with hopes of snagging that front bumper and plow mount off the 81 f150 with OBA. 14 bolts later, it was off, and I moved on to the remaining york compressor and bracket.

Impco and York

I decided for some reason to look at the door jamb sticker in that 81 and found a fairly rare beast... H62 axle code is a 9" rear 3.50 ratio LS and a front LS. This guy had a pretty bad ass truck. 300, 4 spd, 4x4, LS F/R, 9", OBA, underhood toolbox, supercab with jump seats, flatbed, and a snow plow. Had a Ranger XLT radio bezel too. I snagged the badge off that. Appears to have been a special order truck through the KC district sales office with a DSO# 53-1981

The bumper and plow mount was 30 bucks. It needs some touching up with the welder and a paint job, then itll go on my 96 f350 to compliment the ranch hand rear I have as well. The bumper itself is straight and well made.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
tailgate was decent, I left before reading this though. Maybe another weekend I can make it back
I wish something like that would roll into a JY near me. Only seen 2 broncos in 2 years. Both trashed stockers.

Third members are $60-90 here at the yards and rear axles complete minus drums are $115. $200 for front and rear traction aids is what I'm all about lol.

If that 81 I posted above had aftermarket lockers instead of crummy factory LS, I'd have been all over that!

·
Premium Member
538 Posts

Today’s haul. A winch bumper, a small block 4x4 zf5, and a ttb44 3rd with 4.56 gears and a tru-trac.
I would have gotten lift springs and radius arms, but were really rusted in, and they wouldn’t let me take a grinder or torch in, cause ya know, I might just start a fire.... in 2 inches of snow....
Now I just have to find a way to explain to the wife where the Christmas money went....
Man I miss going to the junkyard every weekend and bringing treasures like this home. @BigBlue94, don’t take it for granted being “wild and free”. Once you get married and have kids, it gets a lot harder to go play in the junkyard

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Looks like you dropped the zf shifter!

Sweet haul man, jealous! Yeah, not having dependents is great in some aspects.

@slimpartywagon is looking for that zf5, if you're interested in selling

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Badass, I knew I could find some history on it somewhere.

Oh, and I picked up the shifter haha

I kinda have plans for the zf5, but realistically I probably will never get time to mess with it. So I’m gonna sit on it for a little bit, but it may end up for sale...

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
I kinda have plans for the zf5, but realistically I probably will never get time to mess with it. So I’m gonna sit on it for a little bit, but it may end up for sale...
Arent you running a c6 in the bronco?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not sure you can call it a junk yard find but around here I usually get them whole! :ROFLMAO:
0665500E-D854-4D01-8E81-DB4D6BE058F4.jpeg
7DE845EE-50B1-420F-93F0-4635FBE6686C.jpeg
3FCC9F96-14AE-4702-B491-AB1C031F21D0.jpeg
5B1CD319-42B1-4DC4-AFFC-710478277DAF.jpeg
31550836-227A-4FE6-886C-1B20E4D18ED0.jpeg
B57CE61E-C0A0-4AFE-BF99-96CF7CFBE9D5.jpeg
11A03A15-046C-4DCB-A77B-460C32D951D0.jpeg
38688169-B3B0-4649-BD28-DE1799DA8462.jpeg

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Total score on that
View attachment 150796
Today’s haul. A winch bumper, a small block 4x4 zf5, and a ttb44 3rd with 4.56 gears and a tru-trac.
I would have gotten lift springs and radius arms, but were really rusted in, and they wouldn’t let me take a grinder or torch in, cause ya know, I might just start a fire.... in 2 inches of snow....
Now I just have to find a way to explain to the wife where the Christmas money went....
Man I miss going to the junkyard every weekend and bringing treasures like this home. @BigBlue94, don’t take it for granted being “wild and free”. Once you get married and have kids, it gets a lot harder to go play in the junkyard
Great score on those parts!!! Small block ZF5 is HARD to find. The 3rd with a Tru-Trac diff and 4.56's along Warn winch bumper are sweet finds too. Really sad to see that Bronco parted out, but it never ceases to amaze me what people will send off to the junkyard.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Arent you running a c6 in the bronco?
Yes, but the wife has a B2, lifted and locked on 33’s, currently with 2.9 and a 5 speed. But I’ve got built 5.0 to go into it, a zf5 would be sweet behind it. I had a sbf zf5 years ago for it, but had to sell it to afford to go to Moab

541 - 560 of 606 Posts