Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

561 - 580 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Few better pics of my JY bullnose bumper. Crafted from 1/4" C-channel and 3/16" diamond plate. Well made, and prime for customizing. Since I have part of another plow, I'll see what may fit together for a cheap (er) plow setup. Maybe not. Who knows lol. Still would need a blade. Weighs about 150 pounds I'd say.

The visible welds are all pretty nice and it's not welded all back up like @BikerPepe` 's plow mount (goodfinge!!!!!)

Plenty of room for a possible winch in there too...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Few better pics of my JY bullnose bumper. Crafted from 1/4" C-channel and 3/16" diamond plate. Well made, and prime for customizing. Since I have part of another plow, I'll see what may fit together for a cheap (er) plow setup. Maybe not. Who knows lol. Still would need a blade. Weighs about 150 pounds I'd say.

The visible welds are all pretty nice and it's not welded all back up like @BikerPepe` 's plow mount (goodfinge!!!!!)

Plenty of room for a possible winch in there too...

That’s a nice looking bumper.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not bad for $30 eh!?
Hell Ya!!!!!
D0155B84-5384-4B14-AEA9-C1488AAD8435.jpeg

May freebie that’s going on my F350, I had to take 3 vehicles from the same guy as a package deal the-ranger pickup with no motor was the one that was useless but my scrapper just hauled it to the grinder. All 3 gratis (y)

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
did you pay by weight? around here, you buy scrap steel for $.30/lb. if that bumper was over 100 lbs, you got a deal.
Nope, bumpers are a listed item in their database. Complete bumpers, no matter what kind, are regular like $50. I havent put it on a scale, but I know its heavier than two five gallon buckets of paint.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Scrap iron and steel here is priced per ton for us to sell to a salvage yard. Usually $100-200 per ton.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
SONOFABITCHINASSHATFARKINGCODGERBALLS!!!!!

I've been overlooking a truck with a zf5 SBF 4x4 trans for TWO MONTHS because I though it was a truck that had been there for 8 months. Hope it's still there thursday. I feel like such a dumbass. But seriously how many two tone champagne/copper extended cab 4x4 f250s are there being scrapped at the same yard? That's not fair. The first was an automatic. I've even been there since, and passed over the truck cause I'd thought I'd scavenged through it enough.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
SONOFABITCHINASSHATFARKINGCODGERBALLS!!!!!

I've been overlooking a truck with a zf5 SBF 4x4 trans for TWO MONTHS because I though it was a truck that had been there for 8 months. Hope it's still there thursday. I feel like such a dumbass. But seriously how many two tone champagne/copper extended cab 4x4 f250s are there being scrapped at the same yard? That's not fair. The first was an automatic. I've even been there since, and passed over the truck cause I'd thought I'd scavenged through it enough.
the one that is rusting in half. Removal may not be too fun. Bring a sawzall or grinder and lots of cut off wheels.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
the one that is rusting in half. Removal may not be too fun. Bring a sawzall or grinder and lots of cut off wheels.
Huh? Not the one that was a salt truck and literally rusted in half. That was an auto iirc.

Damn I just went to get a pic from the site and noticed it has a 92-96 console CUPHOLDER INSERT! Crikey!

Screenshot_20191203-184644_Chrome.jpg

I got in trouble at the PnP for having a grinder... sawzall is ok though

·
Registered
144 Posts
@BigBlue 94 How much are they going to want for that console? My yard charged me 50 for mine, and the lid is destroyed. im not worried about my lid, im actually only going to be using parts off the console to build a custom console out of.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,411 Posts
Um I'll have to check but I think like 25 bucks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Scrap iron and steel here is priced per ton for us to sell to a salvage yard. Usually $100-200 per ton.

I wish we got that around here. I think the last time I went to the recyclers they said something like $40 a ton. I got $6 for like 200-300 lbs of scrap in the bed of my truck and a small portion of that was aluminum.

561 - 580 of 606 Posts