Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

641 - 660 of 737 Posts

·
ate lug
8,485 Posts
That is a serious haul!

I buy every good gray 92+ XLT door panel i can find. i swear, theyre the only ones that ever break! I have one spare set of panels for each truck i own now, but really thats it. Honestly? Not planning on buying a 3rd bronco, but i try to buy stuff for the trucks that i own currently, that i know wont be available in the future. Id love to buy bronco specific interior parts (i would absolutely love to get a set of charcoal 87-91 rear panels) but theyre all gone from the yards around here.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,146 Posts
Hah my 96 f350 has the factory light gray door panels, without courtesy lights. Not a single broken piece, and it was a city plow truck for 80k miles.

I did see a charcoal interior in a pickup yesterday. Dont remember if it was 87-91 or 92+. And I've seen a black interior in a single cab 92+. I am on the lookout for a minty set for my 85. Driver side is okay, but the passenger side is sun baked toast. Dont even care what color, though gray or black would be best. My cargo panels are sheet steel, painted to match. No carpet, and gray paint on the floor. The interior is a mismatch of grayscale haha

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,146 Posts
Went back up today and got the rest of the seat belts out of that bronco.

Then I set about pulling a zf5-47 out. Snagged the crossmember, front drive shaft, tunnel cover, shifter, and the trans. Love that specific yard. They only charged me for two seat belts (had both fronts and the ones out of the rear seat) and the trans. Also found the 92+ long dash trim out of an XLT, that is black. I've one seen one set in black, in my 96 f350 that burnt. Plenty of XLs...

At another yard I pulled the Carter YFA off that manual 83 econoline.

A glorious sight; a pair of smallblock ZF5s. Theres one in the bed of my truck 10 feet away too. You can see the webbing differences between the S547 in the front and the S542 in the back. Both transfer case shifters were broken off too

20191226_165144.jpg

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
It could be an 87-89 thing. Afterall, it wouldnt be the only thing different!
Sadly i cant confirm, i couldnt tell you the last time i saw a bronco in a junkyard :cry: These days all my parts are scavenged from trucks.

Come to think of it, i have the blue belts from my new tub ('90); ill have to dig them out over the weekend and take a look at em.
I misspoke a few posts ago. The 92 bronco in the JY had plungers in the b pillar, but they were not hooked to the seat belts in any way.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,000 Posts
I misspoke a few posts ago. The 92 bronco in the JY had plungers in the b pillar, but they were not hooked to the seat belts in any way.
Are you talking about the door plungers (dome light and chime)? '92 had the driver's plunger facing forward on the B-pillar and the passenger's plunger facing rearward on the A-pillar. Sometime later they switched to both of them being on the A-pillar, but I don't recall which year.

I messed with mine a ton, trying to figure out why the dome light was sporadic even with good wiring run to it and multiple plungers tried (often seemed better initially, then steadily worsened), only to discover that the plunger and wiring were fine. Turned out that one half of the green/yellow wire running through the door sill channel was rotted and the other half was close to giving out, so the connection was hit or miss.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Are you talking about the door plungers (dome light and chime)? '92 had the driver's plunger facing forward on the B-pillar and the passenger's plunger facing rearward on the A-pillar. Sometime later they switched to both of them being on the A-pillar, but I don't recall which year.

I messed with mine a ton, trying to figure out why the dome light was sporadic even with good wiring run to it and multiple plungers tried (often seemed better initially, then steadily worsened), only to discover that the plunger and wiring were fine. Turned out that one half of the green/yellow wire running through the door sill channel was rotted and the other half was close to giving out, so the connection was hit or miss.
No, those have always been on the a pillar to the best of my knowledge. My 78, 85, 90, 94, 95, 96 and 96 have all had em there.

What we are talking about is in "87-89" trucks. It's a larger, 3/8" diameter or so plastic plunger, about an inch long. It is directly hooked to a cable, hooking to the seat belt crash locking mechanism. If the door is closed, it operates normally. If the door is open, the belt wont lock.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Great score on the SB ZF5's! I've only come across M5R2's so far....
I've pulled both I've seen, and left a BBF version. Pulled both D60s I've seen too. It's hard to leave them when I can get em for 1/5th the CL price.

If it's been there a week, any M5R2 has the top cover removed. Seems every damn one is like that lol.

The S542 in the pic is sold to a member here, along with all the swap stuff and all the PTO.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
For sure, they're rare as hens teeth in my neck of the woods. Super Duty 60's are becoming widely available though and at very reasonable prices.
I've seen two OBS d60s and pulled both. Ive seen at least ten 99-04 and a few 05+ in the yards. Pick n Pull charges $200 plus core and fees for about $240 for front 4x4 axles. Midway U-Pull charges $100 plus core and fees for about $130 for any drive axle. Unfortunately both were at PnP and I hadnt found their price match guarantee yet. PnP also wants 160 for a TC vs 90 at the U-Pull

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
I've seen two OBS d60s and pulled both. Ive seen at least ten 99-04 and a few 05+ in the yards. Pick n Pull charges $200 plus core and fees for about $240 for front 4x4 axles. Midway U-Pull charges $100 plus core and fees for about $130 for any drive axle. Unfortunately both were at PnP and I hadnt found their price match guarantee yet. PnP also wants 160 for a TC vs 90 at the U-Pull
Bring up the other yards price list on your phone and show it to them they match and beat it. Has to be a posted price. Interesting fact it can even be rockauto which would be good for price matching an OE China part to their good condition OEM or newer OE find. Probably an ideal part would be a generic China similar to a China wholesale part from eBay. Wheel bearing assemblies come to mind. Say you find a newer trusted brand (timken, motorcraft, genuine Ford from dealer replacement).

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Yeah, the listed price from basically any place selling the item will work, as long as it's not an individual on CL, Ebay, etc. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Woohoo! I finally can contribute. I’ve been wanting to go to the junkyard so bad it’s not funny. Today I picked a straight cold air duct off of a 4.9l f150, a chrome cigarette lighter, chrome wiper knob and a factory dome light cover. My aftermarket one keeps falling off.

All for $2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Woohoo! I finally can contribute. I’ve been wanting to go to the junkyard so bad it’s not funny. Today I picked a straight cold air duct off of a 4.9l f150, a chrome cigarette lighter, chrome wiper knob and a factory dome light cover. My aftermarket one keeps falling off.

All for $2

Did you mirror flip this image? I ask because that inlet tube looks all sorts of backwards...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Did you mirror flip this image? I ask because that inlet tube looks all sorts of backwards...

Yes, good catch. My phone is all kinds of messed up and only my selfie cam in Snapchat works now. I have to take a pic with selfie cam in Snapchat and save it to my phone. Inverts everything and is stupid hard to get clear pics of what I actually want. Forget sending anything with words to someone. Getting a new phone when I get home from work.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
643 Posts
Just following up on wasacop’s Bronco I found in picknpull..... Was looking on Row52 and they had a picture from before it actually went into the public yard, looks like it came in with an 8274 on it still, plus beadlocks and good looking tires. I dunno what the hell happened there, hopefully I can find out....

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,640 Posts
Just following up on wasacop’s Bronco I found in picknpull..... Was looking on Row52 and they had a picture from before it actually went into the public yard, looks like it came in with an 8274 on it still, plus beadlocks and good looking tires. I dunno what the hell happened there, hopefully I can find out....
View attachment 152108
That's sad. Didn't he win FOTM? Does it still have the FSB on the roof?

641 - 660 of 737 Posts