Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

661 - 680 of 737 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,640 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,146 Posts
Yes he did win FOTM long ago. Definitely a shame.

Most vehicles in the yards here get the wheels and tires removed, especially if they are in good shape. This is the 92 that recently came into the yard. They pulled the tires and wheels and have em for sale as a set in the office. I'm sure the yard removed that ol warn for their own uses.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
745 Posts
That's sad. Didn't he win FOTM? Does it still have the FSB on the roof?
I’m betting the wheels and tires are now on an employee’s truck. Most junkyard workers get first dibs.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The local LKQ pick and pull yards had 40% off everything today so I went to one in Tampa and another in Clearwater. The Tampa yard was packed, difficult to find a wheelbarrow. I found what I came for, which was more Saginaw conversions for you folks, got them pulled, paid, then left. I didn't browse around much since all the trucks and vans were in the same part of the yard. The second yard I pretty much did the same thing. I thought about grabbing a nice set of rotors for my Super Duty D60, but by that time I was tired, sore, and ready to get home. I didn't really need them anyway. Not many 4wd vehicles that I saw. Overall, it was a very productive trip. Traffic was surprisingly light, which I was thankful for.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,146 Posts
What, not even a simple list of what you got? That's technically against the rules of this thread! Shame on you!! (Insert smiley smacking another smiley)

I went up to my favorite of the three PnP yards today. I was after what looked to be a pristine 92+ long bed. It had a basically new line-x coating, but the bottoms behind the doors were crunched. And it had been painted so who knows what lies beneath. It did have a set of gray dual sunvisors in okay shape. Moved on to that f350 dumptruck to pull the BBF zf5. Engines and transmissions were 40% off. But I didnt like the way it was supported on stands and figured my life was worth more. Lol

Headed back west to Muncie where I found a nice little haul. Pretty much everything I pulled was at least half way removed, if not fully.

Got a small bolt 5.0L/5.8L Saginaw setup for my f350 (unless it is a large bolt...) it was laying on the ground next to a van.

Snagged the lower efi intake and exhaust manifolds off a 300, that someone had already removed the head from. I've got 3 Carter YFA carbs I'd like to try and mount up to the high flowing efi lower with a custom plenum on top, eventually. The exhaust manifolds are to swap out my long tubes for. They just produce too much heat.

Removed a hood from an 83 for my bronco. I needed one to cut holes in for heat extraction offroad.

Also found a basically brand new 5 speed shifter boot and bezel.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Lol just gotta give ya some sheet! I saw a couple more 5.0L/5.8L sag setups and a few 4.9L, but I had other junk on my mind.

Saw a 'new' 75-91 econoline and got all excited. Then realized it's the one I pulled the v-belt 460 setup from, doh!

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,135 Posts
I went at lunch today because the weather is supposed to be bad Saturday. That late 80s econoline had its hood propped open, so I took a pic of its non-AC Saginaw bracket

Did some more walking around and found a nice looking late 80s extended-cab dually. Blue bucket seat interior and tach dash. 2WD/460/auto.

the bed appeared to be in really good shape until I walked to the passenger side and saw where the moron with the forklift put a huge dent in it.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Interesting that an efi econoline doesnt have AC. Neat find.

I went to one yard today that had a 78 pickup. Turned out to be a 2wd F100. But it did have some goodies.

A Custom woodgrain glove box panel, that someone had removed already.

Scored a set of round eyes for my own 78 ranger with squares. The buckets need a bit of work, but they are pretty solid.

It had a 351w in it, with a Saginaw power steering setup, so I snagged that.

It also had a tumbleweed catcher on the front bumper! Looks like crap because they painted over chrome, and the paint is peeling. Chrome looks good though.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,135 Posts
Interesting that an efi econoline doesnt have AC. Neat find.
Perhaps Econoline is wrong. I should have said 'van'. Its a 12 passenger Club Wagon,. THAT would be rough with no AC and a dozen other people sharing that space.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Still an econoline, but damn, that's even worse! Even that 83 manual i6 clubwagon had AC. So does the 83 e350 dually chassis van with a refer box on back.

Someone really was a cheapskate lol.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
Just following up on wasacop’s Bronco I found in picknpull..... Was looking on Row52 and they had a picture from before it actually went into the public yard, looks like it came in with an 8274 on it still, plus beadlocks and good looking tires. I dunno what the hell happened there, hopefully I can find out....
Shows he sold it in 01/2019.

01/09/2019CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
01/20/2019CA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/25/2019WELLINGTON, NV Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT
09/21/2019SUN VALLEY, NV Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT
11/07/2019NV Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
UNREBUILDABLE
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
Been out of the junk scene lately because of a daily beater transmission failure...you junk 4r70w.

Took me a full day from open to close. 170k mi wreck so hopefully will last. Thank goodness for Ryobi cordless tools and sawzall. Had to beat/cut the core support out of this thing as the radiator was against the fan due to a wreck.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Hit up a couple yards yesterday with moderate success.

Got a set of diagonal support brackets for a zf5 crossmember. This brings up a point, since I had a 2wd and 4x4 f250 with zf5 sitting next to each other. Someone had pulled the 2wd unit, but left the crossmember. The diagonal braces are the same for 2wd and 4x4. The crossmember is even the same shape between the two. BUT where the 4x4 crossmember has a drop in the center, the 2wd one is perfectly flat from one end to the other.

I pulled a Saginaw setup off an 85 van with a 351 (H.O. 4v!). It looks different than the other 351w v-belt setups I've seen. In fact it looks like a BBF setup.

Beings it was a 4v, I popped the carb off to take it. But the secondaries were rusted closed as was the accelerator pump. And it had an epoxy repair. Not worth the 35 bucks. But it did have a heat shield under it I took.

Headed to Muncie to get an alternator bracket for a member here with a 71 429 going in his bronco.

Then I headed to the back of the yard, and found a goldmine. About 20 school buses and 5 armored Garda trucks. All international diesels. I found one garda truck with a 466 inline 6 and checked the turbo. In great shape so i pulled it. It's a Borg Warner 179079, and is supposedly pretty damn good. I paid a whopping 60 bucks for it. Used they go for ten times that. Can you say turbo 300???

Also picked up a couple foldable steps off a bus.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,000 Posts
I spotted an '88 or '89 big block dually flatbed yesterday. Other than wishing the truck were still on the road (I don't recall what the damage was, but they were packed in too close to walk around it easily), nothing really jumped out to me as desirable. It had an A/C bypass pulley, similar to the small blocks, if anyone needs one? No Saginaw, unfortunately.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Had a productive day yesterday.

When was the last time you saw an Explorer F150!?

Pulled these wheel spacers of a different f150. The clerk was too lazy to get up and look, so I got these for free.

Got the underhood lights off two bullnose pickups. Neither retract right and one is missing the bulb housing. They'll work for parts. Got one off a suburban too.

Scored this minty 2bbl off a 351, and a factory spacer.

And for $30 total, these nice warn premium lockouts. Took the spindle nuts too.

Also got a couple 460 pulleys for a member's 429 and a air cleaner lid for my hood fan project. All in all, I spent $80, including snacks and a soda. Not bad at all!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Had a productive day yesterday.

When was the last time you saw an Explorer F150!?

Pulled these wheel spacers of a different f150. The clerk was too lazy to get up and look, so I got these for free.

Got the underhood lights off two bullnose pickups. Neither retract right and one is missing the bulb housing. They'll work for parts. Got one off a suburban too.

Scored this minty 2bbl off a 351, and a factory spacer.

And for $30 total, these nice warn premium lockouts. Took the spindle nuts too.

Also got a couple 460 pulleys for a member's 429 and a air cleaner lid for my hood fan project. All in all, I spent $80, including snacks and a soda. Not bad at all!
Jesus, where do yall find these JY that don't try to rip you off??? Went to the local one and he tried to charge me $120 for 3 side markers and a headlight assembly for a buick :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addicted to Junk
11,146 Posts
Jesus, where do yall find these JY that don't try to rip you off??? Went to the local one and he tried to charge me $120 for 3 side markers and a headlight assembly for a buick :/

Crap! That's highway robbery. 3 of my local yards are corporate pick n pulls. They have slightly higher prices than the other 3. They will price match though.

For instance, PnP wants 120 for a rear axle and 200 for a front. Midway wants 100 for any axle. Transmissions are 100 and TCs are 90. Except Pnp wants 180 for a TC. That's where the price match is nice. I've pulled two d60s and two zf5s for under $700 total.

Marker lights are like 5 bucks, and lamp assemblies are like $25. They were on sale last week for $15.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Crap! That's highway robbery. 3 of my local yards are corporate pick n pulls. They have slightly higher prices than the other 3. They will price match though.

For instance, PnP wants 120 for a rear axle and 200 for a front. Midway wants 100 for any axle. Transmissions are 100 and TCs are 90. Except Pnp wants 180 for a TC. That's where the price match is nice. I've pulled two d60s and two zf5s for under $700 total.

Marker lights are like 5 bucks, and lamp assemblies are like $25. They were on sale last week for $15.
Thanks for the info, guess I'll go to memphis to check out to upull and pnp. Don't really want to make that drive but its the closest yards that will probably have gen2 stuff

661 - 680 of 737 Posts