Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

721 - 740 of 811 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,532 Posts
Theres plenty of belts around, and if the hose looks easy to remove, sure I'll do that. But when its caked in 1/4" of crud, I dont give a darn. I too put bezels and panels in safe places. Even sealed beam headlights.

Every gas engine that ford made into EFI, eventually went MAF in 96 (unless in an f350). I've seen 10 300s, 50 302s/351s, and two 460s. Both 460s were in 97 econolines. 300s in both F-series and E-Series.

Every yard here has carts of some sort. Many use the donut spares out of the yard as wheels. They support a complete D60 front end.

Today I scored a couple more underhood retractable lights, a couple perfect bullnose radio bezels, one wood grain xlt, the other an 85-86 custom. Got a couple tan vinyl visors for BroncMom, and a couple spare black 99-04 superduty center caps.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,532 Posts
One yard got an 08 f250 in on friday. That's only the second 08+ SD I've seen. I got my upfitter switch relay harness from the first. This one suprised me and had the factory trailer brake controller that I needed! Hot dog!

I also had the heated, power tow mirrors, a new rearview mirror, a fluid cooler off the 6.0 nextdoor, and the power mirror wiring harness from the doors. My paycheck apparently didnt get processed yesterday so I had no available cash. And PnP recently stopped manually entering credit cards, and mine wont swipe. And they dont do the chip cards, still. So I had enough cash for the $9 dollar controller, took it, and left the rest at the counter.

At the next yard, that does do chip cards...

The 6.0L shown online with a banks ram air kit had already had the whole engine pulled.

I did manage to find a 90 ish f150 with a v8 that had been pulled. I noticed a oil pan stiffening rail on the engine crossmember. Okay, so where is the other side? Not under the truck, or in the cab, or in the bed with the oil pump and some other junk. Wasnt behind the Denali next door with the oil pan and a couple other items. No, it was inside the Denali, in the back seat on the floor, under a floor mat and some shoes. WTF!?

So that got me searching for pickups with 300s. I'd like some for mine. I found two 300 trucks set right next to eachother, both with the stiffening rails on the oil pan. So I picked the drier one, and removed them, without even dropping the pan.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,062 Posts
No, it was inside the Denali, in the back seat on the floor, under a floor mat and some shoes. WTF!?
Folded over floor mats are a great place to tuck something away for a future purchase. Out of sight and keeps things mostly dry.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,532 Posts
Folded over floor mats are a great place to tuck something away for a future purchase. Out of sight and keeps things mostly dry.
Oh absolutely, but this was just one of the two rails. The other was in a tangled mess of valve covers, gaskets, and hoses in the engine bay. And they literally removed everything from the engine they could, even the oil pump and dizzy. So I dont think someone was stashing it for later... not a part that costs 99 cents!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Oh absolutely, but this was just one of the two rails. The other was in a tangled mess of valve covers, gaskets, and hoses in the engine bay. And they literally removed everything from the engine they could, even the oil pump and dizzy. So I dont think someone was stashing it for later... not a part that costs 99 cents!
Classic misdirection. :) Leave one behind in a mess so no one [but you] will think to look for the other one... And it's the inexpensive stuff that makes the most sense to stash, because you get it free (or better) usually when bundled with valuable stuff. Junkyard math: one $20 item is $20, two $20 items are $40, ten $20 items and two $30 items are $50. I usually stash stuff if I can't find enough to make it difficult to carry everything.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
I was planning on going to the UP&P today, then got notified they were having a 50% off sale. I was wanting to get the condenser off the 95 F150 I had picked the compressor off of. I accomplished that, then wanted to get a couple parts off a 93 F150 I saw the last time, but I guess it was gone cause I couldn't find it. But I did find an 81 F100 with a 300 and was able to get the dizzy w/harness, distributor w/wires and the dipstick. Got 3 center caps too. Less than $70 total. The bad, no warranty.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I finally found a white '92-96 cowl to replace my poorly painted, CB radio hole plugged, mildly sunken in one. I've found either non-white or pre-'92 ones, but never that combo.

Oddly, it was sitting on top of a tan F150 that's been in the yard for as long as I can remember, a few trucks away from a new white one. Someone must have pulled it, then found the color they were after and left it behind. It could use some touch-up for some tiny bare metal rust spots, but is good enough to install as is. I paid under $10 for it, figuring its percentage of the total.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Look up your paint code on your door sticker; advance auto sells touch up pens in duplicolor brand.
Thanks, but my color code corresponds to Forest Service Green... A previous owner rattle canned it off-white, not priming or masking anything, so it's sloppy at best. I haven't used the touch-up pens, but I've used DupliColor's Perfect Match sprays with pretty mediocre results. I just did an Acura fender (Nighthawk Black Pearl, B92P) two weeks ago, using DupliColor's Honda-specific paint matching that exact name and code. About the best I can say about it is it came out black. Even with the DupliColor clear coat, it looks flat compared to the factory paint. I would have gotten a better match from a gloss black can of Rustoleum for a third the price.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,414 Posts
Damn, that reminded me that LKQ does 40% off on holiday weekends. Maybe next one.
I wish any of our yards here did discounts like that. I'd sure go more often and buy stuff I didn't really need if they did. lol

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,509 Posts
Every gas engine that ford made into EFI, eventually went MAF in 96 (unless in an f350). I've seen 10 300s, 50 302s/351s, and two 460s. Both 460s were in 97 econolines. 300s in both F-series and E-Series.
Dude if you ever see the 460 MAF parts, grab em for me! They dont exist in yards out here.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,532 Posts
Dude if you ever see the 460 MAF parts, grab em for me! They dont exist in yards out here.
I definitely will, but the ECM was gone by the time I got to em. And I am on the hunt for a econoline 460 airbox lid, so I'm always checking them. What all parts would you need/want?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,509 Posts
Ill probably run the standard '95 Mustang ECM because im C6, i feel like the odds of finding a MAF 460 with either a 5spd or C6 (for the ECM) would be damn near impossible. Of course, i wouldnt turn down the correct ECM.

I think the only parts i need, are the harmonic balancer + crank sensor/bracket, the top half of the airbox and MAF sensor (i dont think i need the bottom half i think its the same), and the intake tubing from the throttle body. I dont know if the throttle body is different, but id take it anyway. Beyond that, i think its just some rewiring, and the shuffling of existing parts.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,172 Posts
And I am on the hunt for a econoline 460 airbox lid, so I'm always checking them.
Does this econoline airbox need to be 460 MAF?

Because there was a 460 econoline non-MAF in the junkyard for the last while. However, when I was there today, it was gone.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,532 Posts
Does this econoline airbox need to be 460 MAF?

Because there was a 460 econoline non-MAF in the junkyard for the last while. However, when I was there today, it was gone.
It's actually for a member on FTE. It must have two smog pump ports on the lid. I dont remember if he needs MAF or not. I should refresh myself lol. I believe he needs speed density

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,172 Posts
Well, wouldn’t you know it, a week after I find (and have shipped to me) a 96 5.8 balancer, a 96 5.8 F150 shows up in my junkyard. First one I’ve seen in the 6 years I’ve been going.

I managed to get this one, plus some other 96 specific parts, like the lid from the MAF air cleaner (tubing was gone, MAF sensor still on), the DPFE sensor and bracket on the throttle body, the smog pump delete pulley, and some other things. Not bad for $20.

Also saw, but did nothing to save this big manual transfer case, with front double cardan joint, on an automatic behind a triton V10.

721 - 740 of 811 Posts