Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

801 - 820 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
Guys I’m in Tillamook.. a farming and logging community..... on the coast... I have literally watched a guys exhaust fall off and drag, he stopped in the middle of the road grabbed it by the tail pipe, obviously not hot cuz it wasn’t hooked up, rip it out from underneath and throw it in the bed...... I could see the tip sticking down under his truck after he put it in the bed!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,206 Posts
Factory cat-back exhaust fell off my rusty red F150 one day driving up the hill to the house. I'm not proud to say that I went out, bought a glasspack and a turnout and installed that in its place the next day.

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
WOW that f-350 is a good one blue. Must of been in the rust belt. Did you get the front d60? Just cut it out of it. 79 f250 was d44hd or d60 front? The grille guard might of been a rare option.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,007 Posts
WOW that f-350 is a good one blue. Must of been in the rust belt. Did you get the front d60? Just cut it out of it. 79 f250 was d44hd or d60 front? The grille guard might of been a rare option.
The "white and rust f350" is a f250 with a 350 fender... had the d50. It was a salt spreader truck. Havent seen a 4x4 f350 since that dumptruck I pulled the dually d60 out of. KS isnt necessarily in the 'rust belt' but might as well be. Things here rust from the bottom up. Even my rust free colorado 85 bronco is now rusting right behind all the wheels. Typical, as my 94 did the same thing.

The 79 should be a D44HD 8 lug axle. I'll know in a couple hours when I get there. Not sure on the brush guard. I have another one I pulled that looks similar, but is peeling painted black. Either way, I cant leave it up there! Hell I pulled a bent up Westin brush guard off a rolled bronco. A little heat and straightening, and itll be good as new.

Unfortunately our yards wont let you take in grinders. I snuck one in once for a D60. Gotten caught before too. Made it a bit easier. The sawzall just burns through too many blades. Coil sprung axles are a bit easier to deal with than them damn front leaf springs.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,007 Posts
Factory cat-back exhaust fell off my rusty red F150 one day driving up the hill to the house. I'm not proud to say that I went out, bought a glasspack and a turnout and installed that in its place the next day.
Haha I was driving my free candy van once and I look in my mirror to see a foot long section of my rocker fall off. Guy beside me had the funniest look on his face!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
@BigBlue 94 have you tried the same blades the fire department use? Can’t think of the brand off hand but I have one in the shop, next trip there I’ll get ya the brand. We cut an entire Acura to 2 ft pieces because Oregon wouldn’t take an out of state transfer with a bill of sale on a car already inspected by the state police as clear.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,007 Posts
Idk? My issue is I bend them too much and they become useless. I did buy some good ones at the metal supply, and they were indeed better.

So my trip to Muncie yesterday was pretty short. I only looked at the 79 f250 and a few superduty pickups. Mainly cause it was raining with some lightning. I was a bit disheartened upon seeing the ol girl, as she was sitting in what I'd consider a "frog pond" and there was no way I was laying in that to remove the front axle. The c6 and np205 were already gone and the inside had been well picked. But there were still some goodies. Here's the poor thing. Much worse in person..

Inside had a full set of new pans covering some serious cancer.

I did pull this HD york off the M block. The compressor is a different casting than every York I've seen. 15 bucks.

And this solid cactus smasher. Definitely a model-specific piece. No numbers on it yet. $25

I also got the F250 Ranger emblems and the F O and R off the hood. I got the perfect black factory dash pad. Stamped on the back Mar 20 1979. Got the seat belt reel covers and the somewhat rare option cargo light switch. Total about $25

In one superduty, I found a factory trailer brake control and upfitter switches. From a 99-07. $15 for both

And this turbo off a 7.3 PSD. It makes a little noise and the compressor wheel is a bit chewed up, but it spins very smooth. $45

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
We all should get together and put together 6 strategically placed around the country ford truck mothball yards ? that way they can rest in piece while we reuse there pieces!

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
We all should get together and put together 6 strategically placed around the country ford truck mothball yards ? that way they can rest in piece while we reuse there pieces!
Eventually I plan on doing that. Figured it would be a good way to be a dealer of ford trucks and harvest the poor ruined candidates for their bits. Buy good deals if they turn out to be a problem in the yard they go or if they're good find a new owner for them after repairs. Yard would be also be good for hoarding "junk" trucks we plan on one day saving for some random use they we will never get to.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,007 Posts
Hmmm strategic... that means close to everyone and I'm right in the middle of the country. That means all 6 should be near me! Hahaha

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
841 Posts
How much would they want for that side trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll check as soon as I can make it. My work got hectic, been working 7 days a week.... hopefully I will get time to head down there sooner than later

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,206 Posts
I didn’t buy anything vehicle related today. But I did see this AMC Gremlin sporting a York AC compressor. What an ugly car.

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
Idk? My issue is I bend them too much and they become useless. I did buy some good ones at the metal supply, and they were indeed better.

So my trip to Muncie yesterday was pretty short. I only looked at the 79 f250 and a few superduty pickups. Mainly cause it was raining with some lightning. I was a bit disheartened upon seeing the ol girl, as she was sitting in what I'd consider a "frog pond" and there was no way I was laying in that to remove the front axle. The c6 and np205 were already gone and the inside had been well picked. But there were still some goodies. Here's the poor thing. Much worse in person..

You should have grabbed that antenna! I know plenty of folks (one being me) would have love to have the opportunity to use it. @BigBlue 94

·
Addicted to Junk
12,007 Posts
You should have grabbed that antenna! I know plenty of folks (one being me) would have love to have the opportunity to use it. @BigBlue 94
It's probably still there. Wasnt aware it was a sought after item.

With this virus, I havent been going to the JY since it's up in the 'big city'. I'm itching to go though

·
Addicted to Junk
12,007 Posts
@BigBlue 94, it goes with the cb/stereo option offered by Ford. I hear you on this virus. I got a tub I want to buy for my kids Bronco but it's up in Jersey. Nope, not going near there.
Whoa, really? I have the same antenna on my 78 f150, but didnt know it had a factory CB!? It used to have a K40 whip on the roof.

how rare is the cargo light switch above the upper drivers seatbelt mount? I've seen two, one I pulled for the hell of it.

801 - 820 of 859 Posts