Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

881 - 900 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,838 Posts
^^^ that's where the ol puking smiley face would've come in handy...

With the price of steel so low, yards are holding on to junkers.

Wouldnt surprise me to know my 96 cclb powerstroke wasnt still sitting in the demolition company's lot, who threw the burnt husk in a dumpster
If that's what they're doing then that makes sense. The big yard here has a huge stack of crushed cars like that and I was wondering why they just kept adding to the pile and not doing anything with it. I don't know about steel as I haven't taken any recently, but I know iron is only going for something like $40-45 a ton here.

I really need to get back to the yards and check things out. Finding dentsides is already a challenge and I've been pretty lucky where I live. I'm sure that'll change soon though. I still have the doors and one inner fender off my old truck sitting in my back yard.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,248 Posts
Went today and found a ‘new to the yard’ mid-90s F150 with the 4.9/5spd/4x4. Vinyl interior with really nice sun visors, so I grabbed those. I tried to get the non-leather, non-cruise control steering wheel, but I didn’t have my puller. But I did take the top trim and key release lever from the manual steering column. And the manual window cranks.

I also found a driver side power mirror for my dad’s 97 F150. The glass in his fell out years ago and mom hot glued a cheap ‘cut to fit’ replacement mirror in its place, that was barely hanging on and shakes so bad you really don’t use it.

I spent some time looking at the F-superduty and it’s hydroboost brakes, but decided to skip it.

I took a hydroboost Master cylinder off of another F-super several years ago, and it’s still in my garage. Right next to the master cylinder from the F250HD that I got the ZF from that’s now in my bronco.
Surprisingly, no one has taken the turbo off of the Powerstroke motor yet. I asked and was told it would be $50

I also crawled under that 88F250 with the ZF and decided, again, that I wasn’t ready to deal with removing it. It’s a pretty rusted up body, and it looks like the owner went mudding before he brought it to the yard.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
Surprisingly, no one has taken the turbo off of the Powerstroke motor yet. I asked and was told it would be $50
That's because they are almost impossible to remove without dissecting half the truck. The lower two bolts on the exhaust flange are basically inaccessible without spending hours on it. I've tried...

The turbo off the international DT466 is much simpler, and bigger. Took about 30 minutes to fully remove!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
Made a trip up to KC today. Hit a couple yards with some decent success. Pulled a Tilt, CC, AOD steering column for another member.

20200618_142408.jpg

I found three 87-91 instrument clusters with tachometers. One AOD, one AODE, and one manual. I actually left two more there.

20200618_142403.jpg

Then I found a pickup lighted cab visor, but missing all the lenses. Figure I can make some patches out of metal and then body work it. Dont need the clearance lights.

20200618_142412.jpg

Oh and I found someone's chinese(?) lunch from who knows when... I didnt dare open it

20200618_111655.jpg

Also met up with @Burntoutaccountant and sold him a Saginaw swap for his 5.8 and a dash bezel.

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,248 Posts
Went today and pulled the hydroboost pedals for @zainyD . While I was digging around in the same truck, I took the Turbo Diesel tach and the glow plug controller from the dash. Also removed the manual column plastic and indicator block off.

Also found a 3.55 limited slip rearend that I plan to put in my dads 97 F150. His is a 3.08 open currently. And a new dome light for the same truck.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
Cant belive you found a PSD in a junkyard, i never find any.

Then I found a pickup lighted cab visor, but missing all the lenses. Figure I can make some patches out of metal and then body work it. Dont need the clearance lights.

View attachment 161666
Id sell it on ebay and buy another one w/o lights, you could probably make a profit on it. Its a shame they wont fit the broncos or id buy it from you!
Lately i have been finding a lot of 87-91 tach clusters in yards, i dunno if theyre just not desirable or what.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
I went to the junkyard last weekend and found a couple items i needed, plus some i wanted just because:

found a charcoal 96 door panel in great shape so i snagged it up even tho i dont need it :ROFLMAO:
trans cooler & PS cooler out of a SD. Plan is to put them in my 88.
Bottle jack to replace the broken one in my 96
driver door switches for a 87-91
two air boxes + intake tubing for 88-91 300/460 trucks. Needed one for the 88, now ive got a spare too.
nice overflow bottle with a washer pump that actually works
and a 92+ non air-bag wheel that i think is going in my F250, as that wheel the leather is shot.

I still need a couple more items for the 88, so if the weather is good ill be at another yard next weekend.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,318 Posts
Cant belive you found a PSD in a junkyard, i never find any.

Id sell it on ebay and buy another one w/o lights, you could probably make a profit on it. Its a shame they wont fit the broncos or id buy it from you!
I dont understand why people say they wont fit the bronco. I mean, I know the reason, but it's not that big of a difference. Ive clamped them on my bronco and saw no reason it couldnt work. They are decently flexible. I have three of these, all from pickups, one without lights.

My thoughts for covering the light holes was I figured finding new lenses would be impossible.

Got one for my two trucks and bronco now. All 3 for under 50 bucks total.

I've only come across a couple IDI pickups, and a pre-97 7.3 psd ambulance. Quite a few superduty 7.3s and lots of 6.0s. But you gotta get there quick or parts and engines start disappearing fast.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
169 Posts
I dont understand why people say they wont fit the bronco. I mean, I know the reason, but it's not that big of a difference. Ive clamped them on my bronco and saw no reason it couldnt work. They are decently flexible. I have three of these, all from pickups, one without lights.
Wait I've missed something! Why don't they fit Broncos? I see pictures of Broncos with them all the time...

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
There are different p/n's for bronco & F-series. Because......
The roof line on the bronco and the F-series is different. I have a visor for a F series in my garage, and it just does not fit the bronco roof properly. You can make the bronco visor fit the Fseries though.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,318 Posts
Yeah the bronco roof is a bit taller, especially in the middle.

So as requested by @GetBent4x4 , a pic of my hoard of D60 front axles. Left is from a 96, center is the one from under my burnt 96, and right is a dually off a 94. The one on the left will be going under the 88 f250 in the background. I have a 79 front 5-lug d44 too, in the bed of the f250.

20200621_180537.jpg

One of these days I'll get all 4 zf5s in a row and snap a pic too...

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,217 Posts
My thoughts for covering the light holes was I figured finding new lenses would be impossible.
I've read that you can buy generic replacement lenses.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,318 Posts
Nice dana 60 finds; always rare to see. I prefer to line mine up in a row.
To be fair, the two were put there, then the truck got set there, then I found the third!

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Registered
78 Posts
Made a trip up to KC today. Hit a couple yards with some decent success. Pulled a Tilt, CC, AOD steering column for another member.

View attachment 161665

I found three 87-91 instrument clusters with tachometers. One AOD, one AODE, and one manual. I actually left two more there.

View attachment 161668

View attachment 161666

Oh and I found someone's chinese(?) lunch from who knows when... I didnt dare open it

View attachment 161667

Also met up with @Burntoutaccountant and sold him a Saginaw swap for his 5.8 and a dash bezel.
Hey man is that steering column for me?
Really cool that you found one for me .
Let me know if there is any way I can return the favor.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,318 Posts
Hey man is that steering column for me?
Really cool that you found one for me .
Let me know if there is any way I can return the favor.
It is yours indeed! I got it boxed up with a saginaw setup but cant get to FedEx till tomorrow. Ill let you know tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Only had a short time to spend today, so I picked up the left side battery tray from that F Superduty, one of those heater hose outlets from the intake manifold, and an Eddie Bauer dash trim strip from a 96.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
If anyone finds the 87-91 dash emblem from a bronco custom i want it. I havent found one yet, and LMC is always out of stock.
Do you have a picture? I assume the F150 and Bronco had the same emblem? If so, I'll look next time I'm there.

881 - 900 of 913 Posts