Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1272 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
Not sure anyone wants a LD SF F250. Early zf5 isn't sought after and well you know the rest. SF 10.25 isn't wanted and essentially it's a HD F150. As a buddy would say just because it's rare doesn't mean it has value.
A good "junk" find none the less.

Roller 351

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,650 Posts
Not sure anyone wants a LD SF F250. Early zf5 isn't sought after and well you know the rest. SF 10.25 isn't wanted and essentially it's a HD F150. As a buddy would say just because it's rare doesn't mean it has value.
A good "junk" find none the less.

Roller 351
Essentially yeah. I have an 88 F250 LD but it has a 351, zf thats rock solid, and a FF 10.25. That copart would still make a good farm truck or, like im doing with mine, rock crawler

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
Essentially yeah. I have an 88 F250 LD but it has a 351, zf thats rock solid, and a FF 10.25. That copart would still make a good farm truck or, like im doing with mine, rock crawler
How is yours LD with a 351 zf5 and a full float 10.25? That should be a normal F250. Do you a d44 8 lug? (LD option).

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,650 Posts
How is yours LD with a 351 zf5 and a full float 10.25? That should be a normal F250. Do you a d44 8 lug? (LD option).
Yep, D44HD front and a low GVWR. Lots of weird stuff done on it so the FF 10.25 may not be original. The trans crossmember was held in with BRASS bolts after all. It even sits lower than my 95 F250 with 460 and ZF did.

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,121 Posts
I checked its 4-bolt hole spacing (and shaft diameter) against a spare canned ham saginaw I've got, and they appear to be identical. I don't have a spare bracket to mount it on to be sure there's not a mm or two difference here and there, so I'll have to make up a cardboard template to line them up.

I added the photo of the '02 pump & reservoir in the previous post so you could get the visual. Here's the full-size image:

I can take another of it and the canned ham reservoir side-by-side.
Here's the side-by-side photo (better late than never):

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,099 Posts
Saw this new arrival while taking a stroll through the yard. Too many doors, but it's still a cool sedan. Too bad people just let this stuff rot in a field or something and then it gets sent off to the wrecking yard.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,650 Posts
Did some one say Buick Riviera lol?

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,099 Posts
There was like a 73ish Buick century coupe in the yard as well and it looked complete and straight. Those were the two oddballs sitting in a sea of "late model" cars. They occasionally get classic cars at this yard and it always throws me off. They had a 63 or 64 Impala sedan there for a while as well. Crushed now of course.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,650 Posts
There was like a 73ish Buick century coupe in the yard as well and it looked complete and straight. Those were the two oddballs sitting in a sea of "late model" cars. They occasionally get classic cars at this yard and it always throws me off. They had a 63 or 64 Impala sedan there for a while as well. Crushed now of course.
My local yards are definitely full of late models. But they all 6 get in some odd old cookies. 60s and 70 galaxies, caddies, impala, malibu, etc. A 67-72 ford truck is not all that rare, nor are the 73-79. Usually always a bull nose or eight. Ive seen a 30s Chevy pickup, 70s Dodge A100 pickup van, 50s caddy flatbed, armored bank trucks, boats, limos, busses, etc. Even a turbo cougar XR7. And an 83 econoline with a 4 on the floor manual trans, factory.

Broncos on the other hand are rare! In about 3 years, there have been 5 broncos show up between all 6 yards.

Heres a rare one, a 2006 F350 2wd DUALLY with a 5.4L V8. WTF!? My local ford dealer almost fell out of his chair when I told him i had a 2008 SRW F350 4x4 with the 5.4L. But a dually is something i never would have imagined.

I generally only visit the ford truck section, or truck section if they arent sorted.

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
60s and 70 galaxies, caddies, impala, malibu, etc. A 67-72 ford truck is not all that rare, nor are the 73-79. Usually always a bull nose or eight. Ive seen a 30s Chevy pickup, 70s Dodge A100 pickup van, 50s caddy flatbed, armored bank trucks, boats, limos, busses, etc. Even a turbo cougar XR7. And an 83 econoline with a 4 on the floor manual trans, factory.

Broncos on the other hand are rare! In about 3 years, there have been 5 broncos show up between all 6 yards.

Heres a rare one, a 2006 F350 2wd DUALLY with a 5.4L V8. WTF!? My local ford dealer almost fell out of his chair when I told him i had a 2008 SRW F350 4x4 with the 5.4L. But a dually is something i never would have imagined.
My area which turned heavily construction rarely gets any 78-79 ford trucks. 2nd one came in the past 5-10 years (78 bronco in 2013). 2wd 351m believe to be a 79. The yard will try and sell it for a month or so before it hits the yard.

The 60-70s cars listed above are more common occurance including the vans of the same vintage. I believe why the heavier duty trucks are less common since the 80s there are more sub divisions of 9-13% of an acre in DFW so anytime the heavier duty trucks become old they go to auction and are sent to the far rural country or other states or exported before they become "junk" status. Rare to see a pickup from the 60-70s also. Less rare than a 78-79 find. I believe it's a major city thing too when people make their income they want to buy a fancy car to take people out in rather than a pickup or heavy duty truck for going to downtown major city restaurants and events etc. With the small lots and many apartments people don't have room to get a big truck to hold onto it seems. Soon as the newer ones become problem they are traded or auctioned.

The super duty is still popular in DFW and many are 5.4 engines. I'd say all 99-2021 engine options are ordered equally. I see them evenly as junk also. I would of most likely bought a 4x4 5.4 if I did not come across the deal I did on my v10. It was originally ordered new in San Fran, CA then when a year old the guy bought it that lived in DFW. Used for trailering from AZ to TX ran up 500k miles then I bought it. Even the duallys are 5.4 here, most are fleet or work trucks or private owned mid trim units. I think neglect is about the only thing that kills them.

As a major city we don't get too many busses or armoured trucks anymore unless they were owned by one company for entire duration then kept as a junk lot. Most get auctioned while older before junk to other parts of the US or to the country. Land has become so expensive here unless they are gov level type of company they don't have room/expense to store a junk fleet. One yard did get the entire junk fleet of a major Dallas airport. Was 80 to early 90s rangers and tug versions of the f150 all zero options, f150s were mainly bullnose 300 trucks that were super shorty airport special made. People actually tore all the suspension and drivetrain out of them. Some of them only had 50k miles from pure 30 yrs of air port use. Limos are somewhat common for how many are made. They are usually moldy or rotten. Not sure if local companies or stuff that broke while traveling through that shops got stuck with. During covid a few hearses were scrapped. Thinking the funeral homes upgraded with all the money they were making. All were old 80s to 2000.

And yes broncos are rare. Some used to come in yards 10 years ago. By 5 years ago it's mainly yards that sell the valuable parts before releasing it to the public. You get out there and it's a shell once they remove it from the gated area.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I don't usually see anything outside of your typical passenger cars and trucks. The one yard that has that Fairlane has a whole row of cars from the 40-50's tucked in the very back. I doubt anyone actually pulls parts from them, but they're neat to look at. I'm talkin' like a 1946 Kaiser Frazer. Stuff most people probably haven't even heard of.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
Bull noses that were decent at one time
✨ 1984 Ford F150 2D - PARTING OUT - K-12 - STK#16652 ✨ - auto parts...
super duty fate
✨ 1999 Ford F250 EXT CAB 2D - PARTING OUT - B-20 - STK#16460 ✨ -...
classics

Guess they didn't sell it. I also didn't know about the blue second one. I would of drove both of them imo. That yard is also weird; prices vary sometimes as high as retail depending what "sales person" (they really dont know automotive) you talk to.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I was strolling through one of the yards and wondering where all the dentsides went.

Found them...

Hey, @BigBlue 94 , how bad do you want this BBF Saginaw setup? lol. Even the valve covers were filled up with turds. I don't need it that bad, honestly.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,650 Posts
I was strolling through one of the yards and wondering where all the dentsides went.

Found them...

Hey, @BigBlue 94 , how bad do you want this BBF Saginaw setup? lol. Even the valve covers were filled up with turds. I don't need it that bad, honestly.

Lol I dont want it at all! No big blocks in my stable! I bet someone here might though...

Also, thats an odd bracket setup. Never seen one like that, though ive only found one sag on a car.

I am all too familiar with pack rat nests... My 78 f150

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
That pile of cars you see is $240 a ton shred rate. Most of the private yards are buying vehicles so quick they are scrapping them before anyone pulls any parts off them. Cats and scrap prices are so high it's not worth to have them sit around waiting for parts to sell; atleast to them.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,650 Posts
My local yards havent had any good inventory come in in weeks...

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Lol I dont want it at all! No big blocks in my stable! I bet someone here might though...

Also, thats an odd bracket setup. Never seen one like that, though ive only found one sag on a car.

I am all too familiar with pack rat nests... My 78 f150

I can't remember 100%, but I'm pretty sure that was a mid to late 70's Lincoln. Mark IV or V. That's how they have them setup in those, they even have hydroboost on them as well.

That pile of cars you see is $240 a ton shred rate. Most of the private yards are buying vehicles so quick they are scrapping them before anyone pulls any parts off them. Cats and scrap prices are so high it's not worth to have them sit around waiting for parts to sell; atleast to them.

Well, I hope the bumpside owners hit this yard up before they crush the bumpsides. There's 4-5 of them in pretty good shape. I know metal is metal when it comes to making money from scrap, but bumpsides are far rarer around here. They moved them to where all the dentsides used to be, so it's only a matter of time until they meet the same fate.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,650 Posts
Sold one of my D60s to a local from Craigslist. He is swapping it under a two tone green and white 96 F250 crew cab short bed 4x4 powerstroke with a mere 110k miles on it.

1241 - 1260 of 1272 Posts