Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 1303 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,359 Posts
Yeah, I don't think I'll be going to pick anything off of it. I'm not interested in collecting anything more than I have right now or being a reseller. At least that's how I feel about at this very moment. lol. If it had a decent contour rear bumper and brackets, then I would have called in sick to work and gone asap to get them as those are about the only items that are on my "gotta have it" list that are apparently rare. I'm already on the fence about keeping the items I have stored, like my NP203 I had intended on using to make a doubler, a set of doors, etc.

You're right though @BigBlue 94 , that bed seems to be in pretty good shape. The passenger side looks about the same as the driver side does, in pics anyway. No rotted out wheel wells, which is almost a guarantee on these trucks, especially if they've been sitting outside for decades like this one seems to have done.

If this particular yard wasn't so expensive, I'd consider getting both of those front fenders with the trim, so my Bronco would have a complete set of trim again. The PO of my Bronco replaced the front fenders and they are trimless. I know I could add trim to them with some effort, but this would make it so much easier to just swap fenders and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Since I now own a bricknose, I went to the junkyard this morning with that in mind. My 1991 is severely rusted, so anything in better shape than what I have was up for grabs. I found a 'new to the yard' 89 F250 with a radiator support that was much less rustier than mine. I figure I can repair this one and swap it onto the bronco. The bronco is so bad that the fenders are more/less floating, as in the support is totally rusted at the frame mounts.

I also found a bed mat from another F150. I'd read on here recently that I can use it in the back of one of these broncos, so I picked it up too. I also took the right hand side dash trim from a different brick F150, since I plan on putting a manual transmission and transfer case in my 91, I won't need to have the dash buttons (xfer case and OD off).

Things I couldn't find include the rear bumper trim and driver's side mirror. Turns out LMC doesn't have any bronco emblems or bricknose rear bumper trim, and the side mirrors are on backorder.

I didn't get any pictures since it was damn hot this morning and I was up against the clock to get my parts pulled before they closed.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,065 Posts
Since I now own a bricknose, I went to the junkyard this morning with that in mind. My 1990 is severely rusted, so anything in better shape than what I have was up for grabs. I found a 'new to the yard' 89 F250 with a radiator support that was much less rustier than mine. I figure I can repair this one and swap it onto the bronco. The bronco is so bad that the fenders are more/less floating, as in the support is totally rusted at the frame mounts.

I also found a bed mat from another F150. I'd read on here recently that I can use it in the back of one of these broncos, so I picked it up too. I also took the right hand side dash trim from a different brick F150, since I plan on putting a manual transmission and transfer case in my 90, I won't need to have the dash buttons (xfer case and OD off).

Things I couldn't find include the rear bumper trim and driver's side mirror. Turns out LMC doesn't have any bronco emblems or bricknose rear bumper trim, and the side mirrors are on backorder.

I didn't get any pictures since it was damn hot this morning and I was up against the clock to get my parts pulled before they closed.
I know that floating front clip feeling hahah, my 96 F350 was like that.

OD off button means you have the E4OD currently.

JBG has a ton of emblems. I have a few of the dash emblems, no external ones for bricks.

And yes, thats me who has the rubber bed mat in the back of my 85. I dont recall if it was for an OBS or a 97-04. I had to do just a bit of trimming. I cut mine out around the rear seat pivot brackets and the latch bar. I removed the factory latch bar plastic surround piece and sandwiched the bed mat under it.

Rear passenger foot well

I laid it in there and centered the wheel well portions and then trimmed any areas to fit.

Trimmed around the seat brackets

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,065 Posts
Went up to a single yard yesterday, looking for the HVAC fan switch for my 99 econoline. First six had the switch removed already... Crap! Found 2, both with various states of meltedness. One was not bad, so I snagged it, and in another van, found a brand new wiring plug. The others were melted. Must be a common problem lol. Got it all for 9 bucks.

Also needed a washer fluid reservoir for my coworker's 07 avalanche. Got it, pump and sensor included, for 7 bucks.

Most of the ford trucks were picked over, but i did score a lighted Lund windshield/cab visor on a bricknose pickup. Lenses are even all intact. "Stole" it for 7 bucks.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
Just got in to swap out the HVAC controls, and my switch for fan speed looked brand new. No melt and it was black vs the white color of the melted ones in the JY. But my wiring plug was melted so i just replaced the wiring and it works great.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
Went to grab some headlight adjusters for the econoline. Success on that. Also checked out a pair of broncos, bricknose and a 92+. Both were pretty well picked over. But I did snag the rear cargo panel light out of the brick nose. But there is no lense. However, i had just prior to that, pulled a black dome light out of a 92+ F350 XL crew cab. Its the same dome light as in my 85 base model bronco. The lense from the dome lights is an exact fit for the side light, once you cut the mounting tabs and one end off. But I forgot to go back and grab the other lense out of the crew cab!

Dome light, that will match my interior better
Automotive lighting Office equipment Rectangle Audio equipment Gas

Side panel cargo lamp
Product Blue Sleeve Electric blue Auto part

Dome light lense is literally a perfect fit in that outer groove, it just doesn't have the right mounting tabs. And the one end will need an inch cut off.
Finger Gas Automotive tire Wood Thumb

I also snagged a battery tray from a 92+ f150 that will go in my 85.

@Burntoutaccountant they had a decent rear headliner in the 94 bronco at truman road pick n pull, but i dont have a way to transport it safely. The board seemed in good shape, just a few small holes/tears in the fabric. Its tan. There is also a 96 f150 with 5.8 with the balancer you need, but i didnt bring the right tools to pull it off.

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Registered
943 Posts
Went to grab some headlight adjusters for the econoline. Success on that. Also checked out a pair of broncos, bricknose and a 92+. Both were pretty well picked over. But I did snag the rear cargo panel light out of the brick nose. But there is no lense. However, i had just prior to that, pulled a black dome light out of a 92+ F350 XL crew cab. Its the same dome light as in my 85 base model bronco. The lense from the dome lights is an exact fit for the side light, once you cut the mounting tabs and one end off. But I forgot to go back and grab the other lense out of the crew cab!

Dome light, that will match my interior better
View attachment 184546

Side panel cargo lamp
View attachment 184548

Dome light lense is literally a perfect fit in that outer groove, it just doesn't have the right mounting tabs. And the one end will need an inch cut off.
View attachment 184547

I also snagged a battery tray from a 92+ f150 that will go in my 85.

@Burntoutaccountant they had a decent rear headliner in the 94 bronco at truman road pick n pull, but i dont have a way to transport it safely. The board seemed in good shape, just a few small holes/tears in the fabric. Its tan. There is also a 96 f150 with 5.8 with the balancer you need, but i didnt bring the right tools to pull it off.
Thanks. I'll see if I can get my dad out there to pull it.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,878 Posts
Imagine if there had been a car company called Fuhrer.
Well...it's not named after The Kaiser, but Henry J. Kaiser, a big steel guy on the west coast. He was a shipbuilder for the US during WW2, & got into making cars after that. Kaiser Steel was in Fontana, CA. The Auto Club Fontana Speedway is built on the site of the old steel mill. I don't think they built the cars out here.

Btw, my grandfather worked in a shipyard during WW2 when they dismantled Kaiser Wilhelm's yacht. He kept a piece of wood from it & showed it to me when I was a kid. I wonder what happened to that hunk of wood.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
I would've popped those Kaiser letters off lol...

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 four speed auto Raven black with red interior
9 Posts
Two instrument clusters out of a couple F600's in a local junk yard close to me and a wiper delay assembly to also put in my 72 F100
Automotive tire Rolling Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
Maybe next time. I did get a 4X2 badge off of an 87 F250, because my oldest thinks it’s hilarious to advertise that it’s 2wd

View attachment 184742
Haha ive got a couple 4x2 emblems from a bull nose for the same reason! Fairly rare IMHO.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
Yes the idi brick nose received diesel. Can't remember on the bullnose. 4x2 was always funny. Not sure why anyone would want those. Silver anniversary received b pillar badges similar to bull nose.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
The only trucks that would’ve had ‘4X2’ were the 460 and 351W 2wd trucks, right? Anything 4x4 got ‘4x4’ or if it was 4.9 or 5.0 got ‘EFI’. Did diesels get ‘diesel’?
No clue lol! Mine look like #14 in this pic

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,359 Posts
Well, got done going through the online inventory of a couple local yards tonight and it looks like there's some more fresh dentside carcasses. I haven't looked at the inventory online in quite a while, so they may be picked apart, but I think I'll try to make at least a scouting trip this morning and see if anything looks good. Between the two yards there's three 79 F150's I haven't seen listed. Two of them have no pics online.

One has an 82 Bronco I think might be new. There were three Broncos listed and now there are four and I don't remember which three they were. They've been there forever. If it's the 82, that'll be a candidate for a replacement rear seatbelt as I'm fairly certain they stayed the same from 78-82. Mine has a busted plastic cover, so you gotta dig in between the cushions to find the belt to pull it out. Not the biggest deal in the world, but hey, if I can remedy that by spending a few minutes in the yard, why not.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
490 Posts
Well, got done going through the online inventory of a couple local yards tonight and it looks like there's some more fresh dentside carcasses. I haven't looked at the inventory online in quite a while, so they may be picked apart, but I think I'll try to make at least a scouting trip this morning and see if anything looks good. Between the two yards there's three 79 F150's I haven't seen listed. Two of them have no pics online.

One has an 82 Bronco I think might be new. There were three Broncos listed and now there are four and I don't remember which three they were. They've been there forever. If it's the 82, that'll be a candidate for a replacement rear seatbelt as I'm fairly certain they stayed the same from 78-82. Mine has a busted plastic cover, so you gotta dig in between the cushions to find the belt to pull it out. Not the biggest deal in the world, but hey, if I can remedy that by spending a few minutes in the yard, why not.
If there's front seatbelt female ends with good plastic stiffeners still standing at attention, or tan highback buckets let me know. I don't have pretty much any money right now, but I could figure something out.

1281 - 1300 of 1303 Posts