Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1414 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,623 Posts
Haven't really found anything lately. There's the male end of a rear seat belt on an '82 Bronco I should probably go get and a v-belt 460 Saginaw setup on a 78 Econoline that I should probably get as well. Some day.

Thought I'd post a picture of the small section at one of the yards here that has a row of some pretty old cars. Nothing in good shape or worth taking stuff off of unfortunately. At least not for me. I think they bought a gazzillion GM products off someone's field or something. Not a single old Ford.

I've been waiting for months for the green dentside on the left side of that fence to get processed, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. lol. Months, I tell ya!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,808 Posts
I've been waiting for months for the green dentside on the left side of that fence to get processed, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. lol. Months, I tell ya!
I know that feeling...

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
I know that feeling...
Waited 1+ yrs for a truck to be released for parts and the owner crushed it whole at a scrap yard. Makes no sense was suppose to be his spare truck. Dude pulled the bumpers and crushed it. 1 ton axles and all.

Anyway Scored $30ea fuel pump and radiator for one of my daily drivers at self pull yard.

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 mostly stock
1,262 Posts
Not a junkyard find but spotted this on a backroad near my home, can anyone help me identify the year before I step onto their property? I see the V8 badge and I’m hoping it’s a 96-97 if so I’m gonna go knock on a door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
Not a junkyard find but spotted this on a backroad near my home, can anyone help me identify the year before I step onto their property? I see the V8 badge and I’m hoping it’s a 96-97 if so I’m gonna go knock on a door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gt40p 98+

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,459 Posts
Can someone score my Bronco a new hat and get it to @NickOille in Az before next summer 😮
Water Window Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior
Tire Window Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel
looks like I’ll need from the very bottom of window pillars and a few inches below the cab joint behind the door…… or another tub with a clean title 😝

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,459 Posts
^ Wow, did you just pull down the headliner or something? That's some serious drip rail rot indicated. (I'm just wrapping up a pretty major project on that.)
No it was rolled into a tree on that side when I picked it up YEEEAAARRRRS ago, rust finally broke through after bouncing it around this year deer hunting. I knew it would eventually need a new roof, but I have owned it for 20+++ years and have lived on the coast for the last 15 years…. Dude I paid $200 for it originally. You should see my one tons cab, got a couple aftermarket vent holes big enough to put your finger through without cutting it 😉.

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Also found a bricknose chrome brush guard. I didn’t get a picture of it on the truck, but it looks like the one in this thread:

Bricknose Brushguard

I thought the center section would look good on my 91. Maybe see how the headlight protectors look as well. If I don’t like them, I understand they’re hard to find and might be worth listing for sale. Upon closer inspection, the headlight parts aren’t all that awesome. A few dings and in need of a rechrome, if that’s possible.

Motor vehicle Plant Wood Automotive exterior Rectangle

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,808 Posts
Went today to look at an "orange 4 door 96 bronco with a 5.0L"... Turned out to be a wrecked junk 2 door rattle canned orange. The only piece worth saving was the rear passenger armrest. Dash bezel looked good, but was actually broke in half.

Found a trans tunnel cover for an 80-86 4x4 automatic, for a member here. But it was in an 87 f150! I didnt realize the bw 1345 transfer case shifter came through the tunnel cover like the np208.

Also found a saginaw setup for an EFI 300, that was half removed already. And a nice set of warn premium lockouts for a d44.

Hand tool Wood Tool Saw Gas

Saw this lovely "air cooled" brake rotor...
Automotive tire Gear Motor vehicle Wood Bicycle part

I ventured to the way back where they keep the big vehicles like armored trucks, buses, campers, etc. You never know what you will find. Saw a UPS semi that I would have loved to have the diesel tank off of, but it was damaged. Then I saw a dentside F600/700 sized truck. Popped the big FORD letters off the hood. Opened it up to see a saginaw power steering pump on what I assume was an FT361/391 engine. I left it but it will be there a while if anyone can use it.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
506 Posts
Went today to look at an "orange 4 door 96 bronco with a 5.0L"... Turned out to be a wrecked junk 2 door rattle canned orange. The only piece worth saving was the rear passenger armrest. Dash bezel looked good, but was actually broke in half.

Found a trans tunnel cover for an 80-86 4x4 automatic, for a member here. But it was in an 87 f150! I didnt realize the bw 1345 transfer case shifter came through the tunnel cover like the np208.

Also found a saginaw setup for an EFI 300, that was half removed already. And a nice set of warn premium lockouts for a d44.

View attachment 187619

Saw this lovely "air cooled" brake rotor...
View attachment 187618

I ventured to the way back where they keep the big vehicles like armored trucks, buses, campers, etc. You never know what you will find. Saw a UPS semi that I would have loved to have the diesel tank off of, but it was damaged. Then I saw a dentside F600/700 sized truck. Popped the big FORD letters off the hood. Opened it up to see a saginaw power steering pump on what I assume was an FT361/391 engine. I left it but it will be there a while if anyone can use it.
Oh man! If you were closer... I really want a set of >F500 dentside doors to swap into my 2nd gen. All those short people struggle with opening the door when the handles need to be pushed so high up to open.

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,623 Posts
All those short people struggle with opening the door when the handles need to be pushed so high up to open.
Sounds like you've seen my kids try to open the doors to my bronco and my truck.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts
Oh man! If you were closer... I really want a set of >F500 dentside doors to swap into my 2nd gen. All those short people struggle with opening the door when the handles need to be pushed so high up to open.
Hmmm I didnt even notice what it had for handles cause the doors were open. They dont list the stuff in the way back online or i would look. The whole cab portion was in phenomenal shape.

But yeah, shipping a pair of doors would be probably 400 bucks.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
506 Posts
Hmmm I didnt even notice what it had for handles cause the doors were open. They dont list the stuff in the way back online or i would look. The whole cab portion was in phenomenal shape.

But yeah, shipping a pair of doors would be probably 400 bucks.
Yeah, the medium truck doors have the thumb button style door handles. 2nd gens are the only ones without thumb button door handles. That combined with the fact that you have to lift dentside door handles past 90 degrees to unlatch the door and the door handles are shoulder height on my wife and higher for the kids makes it a desirable upgrade for me.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts
Yeah, the medium truck doors have the thumb button style door handles. 2nd gens are the only ones without thumb button door handles. That combined with the fact that you have to lift dentside door handles past 90 degrees to unlatch the door and the door handles are shoulder height on my wife and higher for the kids makes it a desirable upgrade for me.
I was kinda thinking it had push button handles but couldnt remember. Yeah I have a 78, wayyyy to much handle travel lol. Im sure it will be there a while. Too bad the doors on my 78 are the only good panels on it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: cwegga
1381 - 1400 of 1414 Posts