Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1401 - 1414 of 1414 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,808 Posts
Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Registered
124 Posts
Snagged this picture a couple days ago while looking for injectors for my 07 f150.

There isnt much left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,808 Posts
Snagged this picture a couple days ago while looking for injectors for my 07 f150.

There isnt much left.

That instrument cluster bezel is worth its weight in gold... The rest needs put out of its misery!

·
Registered
124 Posts
If I get back up there I'll grab it. I hate that I didnt think about it but I already have a couple spares. I also wished I had grabbed the upper brake light from the top.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Saw this masterpiece of bondo today. That and welding. Bondo’d fender flares, bondo’d radio, bondo’d rear window. Welded on brush guard, welded leaf springs. And a shotgun barrel shifter.

View attachment 187339

View attachment 187340

View attachment 187341

View attachment 187342

View attachment 187343

View attachment 187344

View attachment 187345
I've never heard of a welded leaf spring pack like tha before.... that looks dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,623 Posts
I've never heard of a welded leaf spring pack like tha before.... that looks dangerous

Sure is. lol. My guess is it was a very cheap way to lift it. If you jacked the truck up by the frame, the suspension will droop. Looks like they drooped the rear to let the leaf springs expand and flex and then they took a piece of metal and welded it to the leaves so they couldn't compress back to their neutral position.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Sure is. lol. My guess is it was a very cheap way to lift it. If you jacked the truck up by the frame, the suspension will droop. Looks like they drooped the rear to let the leaf springs expand and flex and then they took a piece of metal and welded it to the leaves so they couldn't compress back to their neutral position.
even a cheap hockey puck body lift would be safer than that... what the **** is wrong with some people

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,623 Posts
even a cheap hockey puck body lift would be safer than that... what the **** is wrong with some people

Maybe all they had was Bondo and a welder. That whole "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" deal goin' on.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts

Not saying this is the case, but some ag equipment (think SxS) can be fitted with a rear suspension lockout for pulling plows etc. Puts every bit of traction possible to the ground.

For anything on the street, yowza! Thats dangerous

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts
Pick n pull running a 40% off sale this weekend for toolkit members.

Btw someone in WA needs to check this one out... Is that a D50 conversion? Visor, rear slider windows, bronco emblems. Wish it was in my junkyards

@Burntoutaccountant it looks to be in the seattle area.
Pick-n-Pull

Reactions: 379sinvb

·
Registered
104 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,060 Posts
Pick n pull running a 40% off sale this weekend for toolkit members.

Btw someone in WA needs to check this one out... Is that a D50 conversion? Visor, rear slider windows, bronco emblems. Wish it was in my junkyards

@Burntoutaccountant it looks to be in the seattle area.
Pick-n-Pull
it definitely looks like a D50 TTB, with extended shackles o_O

Seriously though, someone needs to go get those rear sliding windows!!!!

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts
Hopefully its still loaded with goodies. Looks to have been there a for a bit

·
Addicted to Junk
16,808 Posts
it definitely looks like a D50 TTB, with extended shackles o_O

Seriously though, someone needs to go get those rear sliding windows!!!!
I just looked closer, it might be a D44HD. Lools to have d44 sized lockouts. Hard to tell from one fuzzy pic though

1401 - 1414 of 1414 Posts