Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1401 - 1420 of 1514 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,670 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,670 Posts
Snagged this picture a couple days ago while looking for injectors for my 07 f150.

There isnt much left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That instrument cluster bezel is worth its weight in gold... The rest needs put out of its misery!

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I get back up there I'll grab it. I hate that I didnt think about it but I already have a couple spares. I also wished I had grabbed the upper brake light from the top.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Saw this masterpiece of bondo today. That and welding. Bondo’d fender flares, bondo’d radio, bondo’d rear window. Welded on brush guard, welded leaf springs. And a shotgun barrel shifter.

View attachment 187339

View attachment 187340

View attachment 187341

View attachment 187342

View attachment 187343

View attachment 187344

View attachment 187345
I've never heard of a welded leaf spring pack like tha before.... that looks dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,868 Posts
I've never heard of a welded leaf spring pack like tha before.... that looks dangerous

Sure is. lol. My guess is it was a very cheap way to lift it. If you jacked the truck up by the frame, the suspension will droop. Looks like they drooped the rear to let the leaf springs expand and flex and then they took a piece of metal and welded it to the leaves so they couldn't compress back to their neutral position.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Sure is. lol. My guess is it was a very cheap way to lift it. If you jacked the truck up by the frame, the suspension will droop. Looks like they drooped the rear to let the leaf springs expand and flex and then they took a piece of metal and welded it to the leaves so they couldn't compress back to their neutral position.
even a cheap hockey puck body lift would be safer than that... what the **** is wrong with some people

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,868 Posts
even a cheap hockey puck body lift would be safer than that... what the **** is wrong with some people

Maybe all they had was Bondo and a welder. That whole "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" deal goin' on.

·
Addicted to Junk
17,670 Posts

Not saying this is the case, but some ag equipment (think SxS) can be fitted with a rear suspension lockout for pulling plows etc. Puts every bit of traction possible to the ground.

For anything on the street, yowza! Thats dangerous

·
Addicted to Junk
17,670 Posts
Pick n pull running a 40% off sale this weekend for toolkit members.

Btw someone in WA needs to check this one out... Is that a D50 conversion? Visor, rear slider windows, bronco emblems. Wish it was in my junkyards

@Burntoutaccountant it looks to be in the seattle area.
Pick-n-Pull

·
Registered
105 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,160 Posts

Btw someone in WA needs to check this one out... Is that a D50 conversion? Visor, rear slider windows, bronco emblems. Wish it was in my junkyards

@Burntoutaccountant it looks to be in the seattle area.
Pick-n-Pull
it definitely looks like a D50 TTB, with extended shackles o_O

Seriously though, someone needs to go get those rear sliding windows!!!!

·
Addicted to Junk
17,670 Posts
Hopefully its still loaded with goodies. Looks to have been there a for a bit

·
Addicted to Junk
17,670 Posts
it definitely looks like a D50 TTB, with extended shackles o_O

Seriously though, someone needs to go get those rear sliding windows!!!!
I just looked closer, it might be a D44HD. Lools to have d44 sized lockouts. Hard to tell from one fuzzy pic though

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,812 Posts
I finally found a white cowl in good shape, and checked a long sought after goodie off the list: the elusive '92-96 map pocket for manual window/lock panels! It's part #F2TB-15642-A for the driver's side, which only brings up one partsquest.com match, buried somewhere in an old search page. There wasn't a passenger one -- I only spotted one once online and hadn't thought whether they come in pairs -- which makes me think it may have been a singular option that they figured no one needed for passengers or else just upgrade to XLT trim.

Someone had removed it and taken the door panel, setting the map pocket on the bench seat. I knew it matched the door's lower contour... Checking it against mine later, it slides up under the panel perfectly (its tabs and the panels spacers are a match) and is the exact same length, so all I need to do is drill some holes for it and it should blend right in. It has a solid plastic backing, unlike the flimsy ones found on some earlier year trucks.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,626 Posts

Dang it, I need those springs! The U-pick yards down here, because lawsuits, always set front leaf spring trucks so that the springs sit on the stands, making it impossible to get the springs, let alone the rear brackets for the front springs! it really irks me that the yards are completely unwilling to work with you (like in the use of a fork lift and driver to reset the truck so you can pull the parts.

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
I finally found a white cowl in good shape, and checked a long sought after goodie off the list: the elusive '92-96 map pocket for manual window/lock panels! It's part #F2TB-15642-A
There isn't any map pockets for 92-96 XL door panels. Everyone installs the same color lower pocket panels from 87-91 in their trucks. It's a direct screw in. Same thing with 95-2007 Ford dome lights direct bolt in. OBS Dome light mod - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,812 Posts
There isn't any map pockets for 92-96 XL door panels. Everyone installs the same color lower pocket panels from 87-91 in their trucks. It's a direct screw in.
Hmm, you may be right. I looked up '87-91 map pockets and there are a couple listings on eBay that are a match. Maybe I've only seen '80-86 map pockets previously? (A quick search indicates that's probably what they were.) They had a thin, fiberboard backing or something that didn't even sit flat against the door.

Here's the thread where it came up previously:

Ironically, you posted to that thread, using an example of the same color I found today.

In the video I posted in that thread, the map pocket is visible on a OBS truck at the 1:00 mark. Definitely the same thing as what you're saying is '87-91 only. But, I hadn't noticed before that the video is titled '80-96. I guess my eyes were just drawn to it being an OBS and assumed '92-96. I suppose it's possible that all the examples are of transplants from earlier years.

·
Addicted to Junk
17,670 Posts
Base, custom and XL never had map pockets. That part was just bare metal. For all years. Unless ordered with power windows of course.

·
Addicted to Junk
17,670 Posts
Dang it, I need those springs! The U-pick yards down here, because lawsuits, always set front leaf spring trucks so that the springs sit on the stands, making it impossible to get the springs, let alone the rear brackets for the front springs! it really irks me that the yards are completely unwilling to work with you (like in the use of a fork lift and driver to reset the truck so you can pull the parts.
Ive run across some like that. I use one of the engine hoist gantries to pick em up and adjust stands myself

1401 - 1420 of 1514 Posts