Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....time to post your model and the options it came with from factory....

1978 Ranger XLT,red/white 2 tone,351M,C6 Auto,NP205 Part Time,L78-15 tires,bumper guards,tilt steering column,AM Radio/CB,Lighting group,protection group,Visor vanity lamp,gauge package,flip/fold rear seat,outside tire carrier,32 gallon gas tank w/skid plate,transfer case skid plate,handling package,transmission cooler,extra cooling package,power steering,Trac Loc rear 3.50:1.Dealer installed cab lights.
I hate to think what it cost new back in October 77 when it was made.

I have added dual exhaust,31" tires,center console,GT Bar,quad shocks,among other accessories thru the years.

·
Registered
821 Posts
ok, here is what mine has. i havnt decoded a VIN yet, or got a build sheet, but here goes:

1978 bronco custom, 400M, NP435, NP205, gray/silver paint, fuel tank skid plate, what i think is a 25 gallon tank, but i dont know. GT bar, steering stabilizer, power steering, power brakes,quad shocks, 33" Mud Terrains, map pockets, console, buckets, i think the rear seat folds, but its FUBAR'ed, no cigarrete lighter, dome lights, extra large leaded fuel fill hole.

did A/C come in all the broncos?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No AC here...it was an option.With AC you get a large compressor atop the engine,a mess of hoses and that large box on the passenger side that effectively makes access over there impossible.
Thankfully this one never had AC.(or Cruise control).

·
Registered
585 Posts
1978RANGERXLT said:
No AC here...it was an option.With AC you get a large compressor atop the engine,a mess of hoses and that large box on the passenger side that effectively makes access over there impossible.
Thankfully this one never had AC.(or Cruise control).
If it had dealer installed a/c, then there was no big box. The dealer a/c was installed on rigs that were non-a/c rigs from the factory (as far as I know...)

·
Registered
585 Posts
1978RANGERXLT said:
That would have been better,in my opinion.
I agree. I have the factory installed a/c on mine, which is now an OBA system. Since it's pretty much just a wheeler, I'll be getting rid of the stupid box & stuff soon.:beer

·
Registered
821 Posts
:stupid thats pretty much my plan, i want to make the firewall look like a non-AC truck with OBA. ill pbly get ragged for this, but does anyone have a decent write-up w/ pics of a OBA conversion done to a 78-79 bronco or 73-79 pickup?

the big black box is pretty ghey, but im gonna take most of that stuff out soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts