Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm drinking a Pepsi One (they FINALLY had the 24 packs at walmart for $5...had to get them) and I was just reading the nutritional facts...they got me thinking.

I'm wondering if you consider diet sodas "free of guilt." What I mean is, it's made with Splenda, it's got 2.5 calories, about 35mg of sodium, and nothing else. That sounds MUCH better than the non-diet counterpart...so are they ok to drink a 12pk in an hour or should they still be held within moderation, just as a regular carbonated drink?

Someone once told me they pretty much looked at it as drinking slightly fattened water, it won't hurt you much, even if you drink more than one a day.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
As far as calories, yes it'd be alright to drink them at a higher rate. The thing you do have to watch for is the sodium content that goes along with some diet sodas.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,769 Posts
-Spazmatic- said:
I'm drinking a Pepsi One (they FINALLY had the 24 packs at walmart for $5...had to get them) and I was just reading the nutritional facts...they got me thinking.

I'm wondering if you consider diet sodas "free of guilt." What I mean is, it's made with Splenda, it's got 2.5 calories, about 35mg of sodium, and nothing else. That sounds MUCH better than the non-diet counterpart...so are they ok to drink a 12pk in an hour or should they still be held within moderation, just as a regular carbonated drink?

Someone once told me they pretty much looked at it as drinking slightly fattened water, it won't hurt you much, even if you drink more than one a day.
Yes I do . I always hated diet colas .But I have gotten use to them . But when it comes to diet drinks , the two that save my ass from returning to sugar pop are Sugar free Cherry Koolaid and Lipton sugar free ice tea.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Have you tried the Crystal Light premeasured packs that you just add to a bottle of water? They taste great! I like the lemonade flavor the best.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Peach Diet Rite is pretty good too, O cals, carbs, caffeine, or sodium. It's also pretty cheap, $3 for a 12 pack iirc.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
personally i cant stand diet drinks...I just drink regular sodas in moderation. I feel that me drinking one or two a day isnt nearly as bad as someone pounding down a 12 back a day of diet.

to me that is the same principal as ordering a supersized big mac and fries with a diet soda...why bother.. does it make you feel better cause you are drinking a diet

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
-Spazmatic- said:
so are they ok to drink a 12pk in an hour or should they still be held within moderation, just as a regular carbonated drink?
I think everything should be in moderation, no matter what's in it. If you're that thirsty, drink water. I haaaaate drinking water, but it keeps the kidney happy.

I've been drinking Diet 7up since it's sweetened with Splenda and also the Caffeine Free Diet Dr Pepper and Coca-Colas.

I gotta do it for the sugar, if I don't watch it I'm gonna wind up diabetic.

·
Registered
213 Posts
SrATEX said:
to me that is the same principal as ordering a supersized big mac and fries with a diet soda...why bother.. does it make you feel better cause you are drinking a diet

I'll admit to being guilty of this one somewhat--I usually don't stupidsize the fries though.

But for me it's a health reason--as a diabetic, I can tolerate the amount of carbs in the fries (within reason), but the amount that is in a regular soda would knock me on my ass.
I was diagnosed about 6 years ago, and started drinking diet sodas then--now if a waiter screws up and brings me the wrong thing I can tell right away--it tastes like you're drinking the concentrated soda syrup

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i just drink water

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i drink water mostly, i hit the milk and juices often. but since july last yr i haven't had a coke.

Which it makes it interesting to get a mixer without coke thou. glad i like straight shots!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Diet Coke flows through my veins. I am as addicted to Diet Coke as coffee drinkers are to Starbucks. I drink probably 2 to 3 cases a week. For sure 2 cases, minimum over a 4 day weekend. I'm having one right now, in fact. Seriously, I almost kicked my older daughter out of the house once because she was raiding my private stash.

I cannot drink sugared sodas anymore. It's like drinking pure syrup.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
peteyg said:
Diet Coke flows through my veins. I am as addicted to Diet Coke as coffee drinkers are to Starbucks. I drink probably 2 to 3 cases a week. For sure 2 cases, minimum over a 4 day weekend. I'm having one right now, in fact. Seriously, I almost kicked my older daughter out of the house once because she was raiding my private stash.

I cannot drink sugared sodas anymore. It's like drinking pure syrup.
Me too

Since I gave up beer 6 years ago I've been drinking way too much diet pop, way too much ! All Winter it's those 2 quart plastic pop bottles.

All Summer, Spring and Fall it's my 18 can cooler, with the flip up hinged lid, right behind the passenger's seat in the Bronco. I fill it with ice every morning so I've got pop all day and night.

If I'm in the Lincoln I've got one of those insulated jean bag coolers with a cupholder on top. I also keep a couple of 12 packs in the Lincoln's trunk in case I run low during the day.

Do I have a problem ? You bet ! but nothing like I had with 5%-8% Canadian beer from the mid-70s until 2000 !

I drink all kinds of pop now; Diet Lime Coke, Diet Lime Pepsi, Diet 7up, Diet Sprite, Diet Barqs Root Beer and all the Presidents Choice Diet pops; Grapefruit, Lemonade, GreenApple pop, Cranberry-Raspberry, etc,etc.

The one thing I noticed is Diet Lime Coke is virtually caffiene free compared to Diet Lime Pepsi ! That stuff has kick !

Sixlitre (sloshing off to bed)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I despise Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi, but I have been trying to cut back on the coke consumption. I have found that the Coke C2 stuff is pretty darn close to Coke Classic.

Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Mug Root Beer, and Diet Mountain Dew are tolerable too.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
i used to drink alot of coke. i switched to diet coke or coke zero, and now, regular coke tastes way to sweet. diet tastes normal.

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
Ive been drinking diet MD for awhile now. It used to be 4-5 20oz regular MD for a very very very long time. Now its about 2 -4 cans of diet dew a day, or if i get a bottle it will last about a day, almost. Im addicted to that stuff. I tried to quit MD and even diet MD a while ago, and started getting bad bad headaches and the shakes. Cleared up after drinking a MD. Thats when i noticed that im an addict to MD.

But yeah, i drink diet MD.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I cant drink pop anymore, I used to drink 5-8 20oz MD's a day.....I quit and started drinking water. I bought a Nalgene bottle and carry that with me everywhere (except the bars). My dad used to drink about 10 D.Coke a day and had horrible headaches, he quit drinking pop and hasnt had a bad headache in a long time. Made a big difference to us, I think I'll stick to water and feel better.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts