Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

ypipe 2 cat 2 muffler

915 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  90Beater 
#1 · (Edited)
running a 3 inch ypipe 2 a 3inch cat 2 a 3 inch muffler possible?

I just received my y pipe in by bassini, Its a 3 inch out. I want to run a 3 inch all all the way back Can I run a 3 inch cat in/out and it will fit due to the bassini pipe being flared at the end or do I need to get a smaller in/out cat and muffler to allow for a 3 inch pipe to run just past the rear wheel? bc

I did a few searched but never really found an exact match............

#2 ·
You just spent a pretty penny on your Bassani, correct ?

which should last you a long, long time, probably outliving many cats, mufflers and tailpipes ?

Are you going to weld this cat to your Bassani or crush your expensive Y-pipe with clamps ?

Think seriously of using some kind of removable fastening system like this;

There are other advantages to a disconnectable Y-pipe too;

YOU, not just a muffler shop can crawl under with only two 9/16" wrenches and change out components whenever you care to try a new muffler, cat (or test pipe;) ) and put it all back the way it was for the cost of the $5.00 collector flange gaskets.

Then you just weld flanges onto whatever you want to attach up to the Y-pipe;

As far as 3" tailpipes, I've yet to see a 3" mandrel bent tailpipe posted here, so you weren't lying about having searched.

The best deal IMHO is the mandrel bent 2 1/2" Dynomax tailpipe (available at Summit or ANY Walker dealer{order}).

As far as mufflers and cats I believe you won't have any problems finding plenty of them to choose from.

I went 3" as far as the end of the cat and then necked down to 2 1/2" from there back as there's far more stuff to choose from, it's way cheaper than 3" and heck I'm only a mildly warmed up 5.0 litre.

Have fun

Sixlitre

#3 ·
I bought a 3" 90 degree pipe from summit few months ago and put that on there with my 3" dynomax bullet. I'll post up some pics tomorrow. I cut it off in front of my rear passenger wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.