Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 5spd ZF with a BW13xx behind it I found a 205 from a ford rebuilt for like $300 what all do i need to do the swap or is it even worth it what do yall think

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,824 Posts
your current tcase has a lower low range than the 205 and its also lighter. what are you looking to gain from the swap?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure kinda just feelin it out I'm a big fan of over building since im kinda hard on stuff and was told it wouldn't hold up long with the 44's figgerd i would get a preemptive strike in, Also my hubs are manual and one is stuck in locked wont come out so they both stay locked how hard are they to rebuild/replace I found this out after i broke my rear drive-shaft put it in 4hi the drive shaft spun but truck didn't move but the hubs wer locked so i either have no gears in the front lol or my hubs are trashed or am i missing something?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found one just like this will it fit and how much longer is the 205 than the bw will i need new ds

·
Registered
488 Posts
the 205 is shorter and narrower. You will need to notch the back of the adapter on the transmission in order to bolt it on.

NP435 on left ZF5 on right, the notch is around the 10 o clock position on the NP435. The gasket is covering a lot of it up.

You will need to make a bracket with a rubber mount that will attach the drivers side of the 205. Otherwise you will crack the case of the ZF5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts