Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is 84brownbronco on Todds computer because i am in the process of taking the ZF 5 speed out of his f250 so we can swap it into the bronco. My issue is the bell housing is intergal and i need to know how to get the clutch line off? like it goes through a hole in the side of the tranny and is captured there. so do i pull the trans back a few inches and take it off or what? thanks for the quick help.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I used apiece of a milk jug once to pull the line. It works like an AC or fuel line tool. You have to get in there with something thin to release the line. You could just pull the complete hyd MC set up from the firewall.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
umm, all the ZF 5's i have removed have had external slave cylinders bolted to the side of the trans with a flexible steel braided hose going to it.. .......
the mazda trans had the internal slave with the plastic line running to the side of the trans,
theres a speical wedge thqat goes into the side to release, but rusty ones get stubborn.
remove the master cylinder from the firewall and just remove the trans with the line dragging the master along with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts