Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me first start off by saying i have looked and read most if not all the posts on this topic and have not found the answer. Ok so here is my problem i have completed the zf swap from e4od the nuts and bolts of this swap went rather easy thanks to the write ups on here but now i cant get the truck to run. i think it's the fuel pump or filter. and here is why.

zf all in and have clutch pedal :rockon
clutch safety switch is in
cut and tied the two red with blue stripe wires together
checked the inertia switch ( not tripped )
I can get it to run with starting fluid spraying
I pushed the pressure valve on the fuel rail and no spray no fuel

my question is HELP.... but really does the wiring that is supposed to go to the old e4od control the fuel pump some how?

sorry i forgot to say that this bronco has been sitting for about 8 years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I dropped the tank and found a not so good looking fuel module. Now after looking for a replacement i have found that it looks like it comes in about four parts. Is there a way to test the fuel sending unit? The part with the float. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy the whole module new?

One other question should i seal the inside of the gas tank? and if so what do you recommend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to say thanks to every one that helped me out. i just cleaned out the tank the best i could and put in a used fuel pump and before you all yell at me for putting in a used pump i all ready feel the wrath of that choice. That pump is pumping but no fuel gauge so i have now learned the hard way just to buy a new fuel pump. but It starts and runs so all is good. So thanks for all the good info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts