Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been searching and reading many problem related threads, no swap related threads (in detail).

I intend to start my E4oD-ZF swap this coming Tues. I have a STACK of new and Jy parts, I think I have them all.

I have a EEC out of a 95 302 F-150 which had a M50D that I intend to use, I also have the ZF wiring haress which I intend to use, these should be easy enough to figure out. I do have one issue I havent been able to answer though. If the truck would have been equiped with a manual it would have a CPP sensor, being a Auto it has a NSS. When I convert/ replace the auto tranny wiring harness with the ZF harness the NSS wiring will be eliminated??? ( I assume) The CPP harness is part of a different harness being it is under the dash??? If I don't use a CPP I realize the truck will start in gear (I don't mind).
Basicly, Will it all work if I replace the auto harness with the manual harness and don't use a CPP, or will I have to use a "JUMPER" somewhere??

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I didnt swap ecu's, I didnt swap harnesses. I jumped the NSS which for me is something I like, since I can start in any gear

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have reverse lights?? I would perfer to jump in and start it, reguardless what gear its in also. I have a limited amount of time once the project starts and I would like it to be as right as possible. I hate the push the clutch to the floor switch any way!!!

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Do you have reverse lights?? I would perfer to jump in and start it, reguardless what gear its in also. I have a limited amount of time once the project starts and I would like it to be as right as possible. I hate the push the clutch to the floor switch any way!!!
Yes you need to jump those wires too

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anyone who has swapped ecu's and harness's willing to reply??

·
Registered
94 Posts
The wiring for the CPP is clipped under the dash with a bypass plug inserted into the connector. Pull the bypass, and it will plug into the CPP switch. It's clipped onto the dash support behind the ashtray.
I jumpered the NSS(MLPS) for back up lights and 'always neutral' on mine, still with the 5.0/MAF/E4OD ecu. I'm not thrilled with not being able to pull KOER codes, due to a solid MIL during self test (constant FMEM) and am thinking about putting in a Mustang ecu. Your 95 should be MAF, no? Is the 5.0/M5OD ecu MAF? fordfuelinjection.com doesn't list any manual trans/MAF ecu program codes. The SD/MAF is a bigger issue than jumpered wiring, IMO.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOLY $HIT!!!
I didn't even think about the SD V's MAF. I don't know if it is a SD or MAF ECU. Is there any way to tell by looking at it??? I thought that all pickups and Bronco's were MAF after 92. I must have been out to lunch??

·
Registered
904 Posts
you should have an MAF truck. easiest way to tell is to go pop your hood and look at the TB.

I use an auto harness with a ZF... i can start in gear if i feel like it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I now how to tell if my truck is a MAF, anyone who is going to swap a auto for a manual and can't do that is in for a learning exp. And yes, my truck is a MAF.

I mean the DONOR ECU, that I didn't remove from the truck myself, :banghead I ordered it from a wrecking yard on the other side of the state. They shipped it to me!!
Is there a way to DE-CODE the part number on the ECU or are the pugs different????

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WELL,

I think I have answered my own question. The code on the Comp. tag reads:
EEC-IV EFI-SD42F
F4TF-12A650-AVA G

I'm Assuming that the "SD" in EFI-SD42F, means that it is for SD. :duh:banghead:cry

Can anybody confirm this???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts