Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
507 Posts
I can’t see any of these photos...but I was wondering if anyone has mounted any led light bars on the roof of their bronco?

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco
3 Posts
I just found 4 KC Daylighter spot lights on Facebook Marketplace and bought a Carr M-Profile Light bar (p/n 210703) to mount them too. Looks like they make one for mounting an LED Light Bar too.

I should have it mounted in a few weeks and can post pictures.

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco
3 Posts
So I was able to get the Lights assembled on the Light Bar, mounted the Light Bar, and ran all of the wiring these past few days.

Contents of Carr Light Bar Box. Nothing to crazy with assembling. Definitely RTFM before you start.

Mounted the Light Bar to figure out the clearance.

Facebook Marketplace KC Daylighters

Fully assembled and trimmed Light Bar.

And here is the finished product.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,836 Posts
Welcome 1978!!1! 🤣😎

Love the retro look.

But that'll definitely shave a couple MPG off your mileage, though. YMMV

·
Registered
507 Posts
So I was able to get the Lights assembled on the Light Bar, mounted the Light Bar, and ran all of the wiring these past few days.

Contents of Carr Light Bar Box. Nothing to crazy with assembling. Definitely RTFM before you start.
View attachment 160588

Mounted the Light Bar to figure out the clearance.
View attachment 160591

Facebook Marketplace KC Daylighters
View attachment 160589

Fully assembled and trimmed Light Bar.
View attachment 160590

And here is the finished product.
View attachment 160595

View attachment 160596
Where did you end up running the wires? Did you have to cut a hole in your roof? Door jam?

·
Registered
1988 Ford Bronco
3 Posts
I drilled thru the roof right under the arm of the Light Bar. My Bronco doesn't have the headliner or a lot of other interior trim pieces so I ran it thru the roof, down the A pillar and then thru the firewall near the existing wiring thru hole. I do have the A pillar trim piece so I hid the wire behind that.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I drilled thru the roof right under the arm of the Light Bar. My Bronco doesn't have the headliner or a lot of other interior trim pieces so I ran it thru the roof, down the A pillar and then thru the firewall near the existing wiring thru hole. I do have the A pillar trim piece so I hid the wire behind that.
10-4(y) I’m struggling to come up with a way to mount an LED light bar that I’m comfortable with. I may use the door gutters...but I may use the roll bar...or I may use a mag mount for temporary use...what I didn’t want to do was drill any holes in the roof...(sigh) decisions decisions

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,310 Posts
10-4(y) I’m struggling to come up with a way to mount an LED light bar that I’m comfortable with. I may use the door gutters...but I may use the roll bar...or I may use a mag mount for temporary use...what I didn’t want to do was drill any holes in the roof...(sigh) decisions decisions
On my ol 94, there was a black rubber plug near the rear roofline. Same with my 85, though it came to me with the light bar installed.

I sold that dick cepek bar to @Oscar but kept the KCs. They are in a box waiting for a proper project.

I used to run a Carr rota-bar in about 2005 on my 94. I ran 5 ProComp 130w 6" lights on it, the middle one facing backwards.

I too am trying to find a way to mount a dual row 52" led bar. I have a couple ideas, but havent ironed out the specifics.

My hope is to integrate it under a cab visor that I'm going to put on. Most likely have to be mounted to the A-pillar with a fancy hand built triangulated bracket.

My other thought was the same, minus the cab visor.

Or coming straight out the front, off the drip rails.

It has to be tucked in close or I wont put it on. I hate the led bars that stick way out.

I do have two 6" LEDs tucked in my 85's grille...

Reactions: Oscar

·
Registered
507 Posts
On my ol 94, there was a black rubber plug near the rear roofline. Same with my 85, though it came to me with the light bar installed.

I sold that dick cepek bar to @Oscar but kept the KCs. They are in a box waiting for a proper project.

I used to run a Carr rota-bar in about 2005 on my 94. I ran 5 ProComp 130w 6" lights on it, the middle one facing backwards.

I too am trying to find a way to mount a dual row 52" led bar. I have a couple ideas, but havent ironed out the specifics.

My hope is to integrate it under a cab visor that I'm going to put on. Most likely have to be mounted to the A-pillar with a fancy hand built triangulated bracket.

My other thought was the same, minus the cab visor.

Or coming straight out the front, off the drip rails.

It has to be tucked in close or I wont put it on. I hate the led bars that stick way out.

I do have two 6" LEDs tucked in my 85's grille...

Yeah I’ve seen some options and I will most likely get a Stealth Bar that mounts to the gutters and mount the LED bar to it...I’m still kicking around the mag mount idea just because I may not need lights most of the time as I will probably not wheel the mud in the dark to often and be able to keep them cleaner longer...I do like the round light look you had...I like that you can customize the angle your light is directed at also(y)

·
I ♥ TTB
4,239 Posts
I have almost the same set up that @BigBlue94 ran, I don't recall the brand of bar but got it from a member on here, mounted up 5 KC's but I faced my two outside ones to the rear. I'll be upgrading soonish (after my 460 swap) and I'm not sure what I'll run. I drilled through my top then ran down my b-pillar...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have almost the same set up that @BigBlue94 ran, I don't recall the brand of bar but got it from a member on here, mounted up 5 KC's but I faced my two outside ones to the rear. I'll be upgrading soonish (after my 460 swap) and I'm not sure what I'll run. I drilled through my top then ran down my b-pillar...
Thanks for the info!! (y)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts