Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,638 Posts
I don't imagine you've got one Tom but if anybody came across the setup, I'd love to see how the SD handles that gap between body and trim. That's one of the things that made me delay. Too much washer stacking or the like could easily lead to the handle pulling down, warping the metal, etc.
well as it turns out, I actually have an expedition/f150 pair I can take off before I scrap the rig. Dad had his one off the super duty here today for me to see. I can get photos soon. Still not ready to do much stretching in a way that will let me get them off yet. Got a few more adjustments before I can say I'm back to the 'normal' I was prior to the wreck. Cant even get a 16.5lbs bag of dog food out of the cart yet. Got it in because I could let it fall in from the higher shelf.
I even have a spare A-pillar trim to screw up on.

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,115 Posts
Nice. I can patiently wait to see but... if it's the Ford light grey interior, I'd be interested in picking a set. Regardless, knowledge is really where it's at. Appreciate the coming effort but take your time and don't jack up your healing process. Can't even count how many times I've pushed myself too close toward the end of a long recovery and set myself back into major frustration. ;)

Reactions: locopny

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't imagine you've got one Tom but if anybody came across the setup, I'd love to see how the SD handles that gap between body and trim. That's one of the things that made me delay. Too much washer stacking or the like could easily lead to the handle pulling down, warping the metal, etc.
this was my thinking as well, there is not a lot of room between the inner and outer a pillar sheet metal so getting a way to securely fasten it os gonna be almost impossible with some serious fab work. so above the door slightly forward seemed the most practical, also too with the handles above the door you pull almost straight down and in on the handle which is pulling straight, the pillar handles would see side torque from people actually pulling 90 degrees from the handle.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,638 Posts
@fordbronco1995
did you have any 'in progress' photos while these were going in? or really not much to it as they were installed.? I can see the value of possibly adding both an overhead and an A-pillar. Just sorta here to pick your brain and view photos whilest I heal up.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
@fordbronco1995
did you have any 'in progress' photos while these were going in? or really not much to it as they were installed.? I can see the value of possibly adding both an overhead and an A-pillar. Just sorta here to pick your brain and view photos whilest I heal up.
I wish i did and was going to but got caught up on the install and completely forgot lol

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Heres a simple solution for the a pillar

Go to post #8

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Heres the super duty a pillar handles in a obs ford. Not sure how secure it is but looks kinda funky, the superduty door opening is larger and those handles seem like they would impede a passenger being able to get in the cab. Plus it doesnt fit the best with the pillar trim. Gotta also remember the vent window wont be functional, so to me the handle above the door looks the most proper to me

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is the thread that gave me the inspiration

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,357 Posts
This is the thread that gave me the inspiration

hmm..I think I'm going to give that try..

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
hmm..I think I'm going to give that try..
the one hole towards the rear is the same hole i used, mark and drill the front hole. There also wasnt the cutouts in mine like in that f350 just the one hole. Im not sure how his ended up more forward because mine appear to be about 3” further back, i assume that rear hole is not in the same position on the bronco and the f series

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,015 Posts
Thanks for the inspiration, I definitely need to do this. At 6'1", I don't think twice about hopping in, but nearly all passenger I have (especially my lady friends) are fumbling around trying to find a grab handle until either they remember, or I remind them, that there isn't one. And I only have 32" tires. :LOL:

Reactions: fordbronco1995

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for the inspiration, I definitely need to do this. At 6'1", I don't think twice about hopping in, but nearly all passenger I have (especially my lady friends) are fumbling around trying to find a grab handle until either they remember, or I remind them, that there isn't one. And I only have 32" tires. :LOL:
your supposed to help them up in it lol

;)

·
Super Moderator
5,015 Posts
Oh don't worry, I do!

Reactions: fordbronco1995

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,297 Posts
Isn't that what winches (not wenches) are for?
There you go. Invent a passenger lifting device & call it the Wench Winch. 😁 Or the Larry Lift, depending on your passenger.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,836 Posts
There you go. Invent a passenger lifting device & call it the Wench Winch. 😁 Or the Larry Lift, depending on your passenger.
It would go well with the James Bond ejection seat.

·
Registered
1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6; 1989 Bronco XLT, 302, AOD
195 Posts
It would go well with the James Bond ejection seat.
I remember way back when, I had an uncle that attached a step to the bottom of the passenger's door on his 1976 F150 4X2 that was invisible until you opened the door. I do not know how it attached to the bottom of the door, but it was about four inches in width, and slid through a narrow "guide", if you will, that let the step disappear under the truck when the door was closed. He was over six feet tall, and the step worked great for his wife who barely broke five and a half feet tall.
I have not seen another one before or since then. Don't know if he make it or had it specially made.
TB

21 - 40 of 43 Posts