Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
First up the 92 got some things added to its rear bumper. Mainly a rear step with dimple die holes, turned round as so they give grip. I use this all the time on the 91's bumper so was easy to want to add it to this one

78 Upper rear tubes, I may try to make a quicky roof rack for up hear, Or at least a flat piece as to sit up here at cruise ins and the drag strip

from the rear, you can also see front bar that was added

Had these little ones added as to make the shape really, I am sure they do offer little extra support

Rear floor mount plate. I will add some gussets to this, need to get some metal

1/4" plate steel backer, under the strongest part of the body at the back. My body mounts are gone. So eventually this plate will have a support going to it from the frame.

for now it will still help keep the floor up. Tailgate immediately noticeably easier to shut now, so I know it was an issue before.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,529 Posts
That's an awefully purdy jungle gym you've got going on in there. I assume you're gonna big going after that BIG AIR now.
You’re gonna truly live up to the “crazy” part of your name if Overtime is going weightless on the dunes! We’ll have to meet up out there and I’ll take some video of you doing your best “Dukes of Hazzard” impression!

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Thanks guys. I dunno on the Big Air, that is all realitive. I do want to drive this one like I would ride the banshee though.
I am thinking about tieing in the b-pillars and a-pillars too, will have to see how much the body moves now, around the cage.
Not nearly as exciting, Circle S also cut me a new strip of mold board for my snow blower and welded that on for me. Fairly sure this 7116 is also right around, if not, a 78 too. He did it so reasonably it didn't make since for me to. So hopefully the snow holds off now that I am ready for it.

Still debating weather or not to swing engine or keep as is until March or so, you know in case I need 4 4x4's for some reason....

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Painted 70% of cage last night and few other places.
No pics as nothing that spectacular. I should be able to start putting things back in tomorrow evening though. Also will get the 92's rear bumper back on so it will be drivable agian.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
The 3a Racing seats worked great, I have no complaints about them givien the price I paid. However a nicer set of seats has been on my list for a long time. Went with PRP as I really like the options and I have several other small things from them like limit straps, and spare hold down I have been happy with. They also where 10% off and free shipping for the this weekend.
Here is what they should look like, The harnesses will be yellow and also PRP.

I am likely to purchase a 3rd seat and swap the drivers out for a full on racing seat when I am really planning on dumb stuff or taking it on a track/drags/mud pits etc...

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Installed the rear bumper back on the 92 last night

I think looks better with the step, maybe closer to what it would have had factory for width. Also very much functional, so that is nice.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Thanks...

Very happy with this rear layout so far. This is more/less what it'll look like, in duning form.

I also added some gussets with tie down holes to the rear plate, should be good now. The Tie down idea was due to having these tabs laying around from when I did the limit straps for the rear. I was gonna cut them at an angle and get rid of the hole, but more I looked, the more I liked idea of having an extra spot. Smaller Ratchet strap hook fits in these perfectly.

2nd coat of paint is on and drying now. I do have matching straps and few other things to finish it off on the way or ready to go.

Still debating on putting the high-lift jack back in or not.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Soft Top back on, More or less hides it all. That is just fine though

With that 78 is now Back outside and the 92 in the bay to get few small things done on it.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Changed the oil in the 92. It was almost 2 years old as I dont drive it near enough, trying to change that though.

Cleaned it up as so can drive it today, which I did.

Waiting on several parts to show up for the 78, then will be back on that one.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #273 (Edited)
Install a Moroso Oil Seperator on the 92 last night.
Have 2 more of these on other rigs and I like them. Made a new EGR block off plate which also works as the mounting plate for the seperator.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Been driving the 92, nice to get that one out. Really like getting some fresh fuel ran threw it. Somehow its getting 14 mpg which is great as I have not been driving it for mileage and would of been happy with 10. It only got 15/16 when it had an e4od in it.
Slowly getting parts in for the 78, JBG has decent sale right now and they have Spicer/Dana 4.10 Dana 44 gears, so I got a set of those and a cap stud kit.
The 91 went back to granpal mode, put the cap back on for the winter. Oddly I don't hate it. Easier then dealing with snow in the bed, and also the the extra weight is nice for winter traction, at least my reasons for putting it back.

261 - 274 of 274 Posts