Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
I finished installing my CB and antenna today.

Wilson 100 roof mount - installed on the drivers side cowl. I bought it intending to put it in the center of the roof, but then I realized that I sometimes carry a canoe in the summer, and that wouldn't work too well.

The radio is a Uniden BC-880. I built a little bracket for it and mounted it on the front of my console.

Works good!

Installed a remote transmission filter, installed the sensor for my new tranny temp guage, and replaced the tranny oil pan gasket and dipstick tube o-ring.

I ended up using the Moroso pan gasket - hoping it works.

Also gave myself a good buzz when I pulled my trouble light across my neck. Turns out there is a bare wire on the cord. bzzzzzt! :)

Rerouted the spark plug wires and installed my Moroso Wire looms. They work, but I wish I had the factory style ones that my Mustang has - those are small, simple, and effective.

These moroso ones are effective, but kind of a PITA.

My oil pressure guage was starting to act funny - randomly dropping. In my experience this usually means that the sender on the block is bad, but I reverted to my TV technician days and did the first thing you should do for any electrical problem - banged on it.

The guage would jump back up, so I knew I had a bad connection somewhere. Pulled the cluster, found a ton of corrosion on the pins on the back of the guage, cleaned it up, and plugged it back in. Fixed!

Put floor mats in.

I took them out a couple of years ago because they kept sliding around and pushing the gas pedal down.

This time I drilled some holes in the seat mount brackets, and then ran zip ties from the bracket to the mat.

We'll see how this works.

I also repaired the passenger side seat slider that broke this week. I used this post here: http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188110

Great write-up.

Drove it to the government salvage yard and bought....

the third row of seating from an '03 Tahoe with the mounting brackets for $100.

These seats are the ones that have integral shoulder belts. I'm going to be replacing my rear bench seat with lap-only belts to make it easier for the kiddos in the back.

Should have the seats Wednesday. Not sure when I'll get around to actually putting them in though.

Not today, but recently: new gas tank. This was probably the least fun I've had working on this truck. Every bolt was seized, new fuel tank was just a 'hair' too big to fit back up in the space.... but it's done.