Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
In the past 2 weeks I put on new tires with alignment, dropped the steering drag link and TRE's tp replace all the dust boot covers, Sat. I rebuilt the PITA Cardan double u-joint drive shaft with cv centering ball yoke, regreased the slip yoke and replaced the u-joint to the differential and YESTERDAY and TODAY I repainted my valve covers and FI plenum...

Tomorrow I'll probably take the wire wheel and get after some rust on the inside drivers door along the bottom, next month new shocks and radius arm bushings along with swaping the fuel filler neck from 86 to an 88.....:rockon

Thanks ~ :thumbup

Put in a new set of Autolite plugs for my 6 mo routine maintainance, scaratched and bruised the shit out of my arms.....lol lol.....no fun when you have "broncitis" you know......:rofl:

:thumbup

I think it's important to keep my 25 year old BKO up to the task as a DD so it runs well for me even though I'm only driving about 176 miles per month since I'm retired now.

I change tranny fluid and filter once a year since I had it rebuilt back in 2004, if it has 18K miles I'b be surprised and the oil and filter every 3k miles but that takes a bit longer....good routine maintainance habits are essential you know, cheaper in the long run IMO.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

Changed my oil and filter yesterday, was around 3300 miles using a Motorcraft oil filter FL-1A and 6 qts. 10W-30, back on the road in no time though I need to take my old oil and transmission fluid down to O'Reilly's recycle dump I got way too much sitting around here.......lol lol

tonyroc14:
Make sure when you take off the old oil filter the rubber seal is still on it otherwise stick your hand down there and pull it off or you double seal it so when you put the new oil filter on top of it and fire up the engine to bring up oil pressure the new oil will PISS OUT all over the floor and you'll have to clean it up AND do it all over again picking up a few extra qts of oil.....lol lol

For the oil filter I always put a little grease on the rubber seal before I screw it back on so it won't stick and comes off easier the next time you change it.

Garaged kept but decided to wash it today because it was filthy, the weather is great here today and it hadn't been done in at least 6 months and now it looks real clean, like washing a house you know.....lol lol

:thumbup

Drilled out a radius arm bracket rivet, got the one nut/bolt out and using a titanium drill bit managed to get the 1st rivet out......what a PITA job.....lol lol....but it'll be nice to be able to change the RA bushingsat from the back rather then dismantle the entire front suspension you know.....

Going to change my thermostat today, my temp needle seems to be moving up a little higher then usual though it's not over heating , radiator, heater core are new, just serviced the transmission with filter/gasket kit and fluid and changed the oil and filter. The 302EFI long block and temp gauge sending unit were new in 2008 with low miles, I don't DD a lot anymore but I reused the T-stat so it maybe around 6-7 years old time to be replaced.

Recently I put on a new radiator cap mfg by Murray's from O'Reillys but the quality seemed poor and I noticed that it had backed of a half turn by itself under pressure so I went back the one I had on there which is in good shape but several years old so I may change that as well just to be sure.

I think when it backed off by itself it may have sucked in air so I'll burp the system when I get it all back together today...

I'm going with a 195* Mr. Gasket which has a god reputation, I couldn't get a 195* from Motorcraft....IDK...

Went to Napa today and got a new "Stant" radiator cap $4.99 + to back up the new thermostat I installed yesterday and hopefully the temp needle will settle down and stop moving around a bit....IDK.

Tomorrow I'm going to change plugs, new 9mm FMSR wires with new MSD cap, rotor and 48k volt coil....current parts have been on since 2008 when I swapped in the new 302 EFI long block so I thoufght it was time for a solid tune up....

Repaired a broken vaccum line going to the Air Bypass valve that's connected to the thermactor air injection exhaust tube with check valve and cleaned my EGR valve....started getting codes and poor performance so it's time to replace all the old, brittle plastic vaccum lines which are original with silicone ones, Red I think would look nice....

ABSOULTELY NOTHING, getting ready to do front disc brakes and change all the old plastic vaccum lines with silicone vaccum booster lines from www.siliconeintakes.com

I got the info from Seattle FSB when he did his.....I can't wait to remove all that old OEM SHITE......lol lol

Today I put on new front disc brake pads and it only took about 2 hrs.. so I'm good to go for another year, tomorrow I will check the rear brakes and adjust them....hopefully they're still in good shape...

Well I checked and adjusted my rear brake shoes and they're in great shape probably good for another 6-8 months so today I'm going to start replacing my 26 yo brittle plastic vaccum lines with that kit I got from www.siliconeintakes.com...Red is the color of the day...lol lol